First Build

J

jcabb

Hello folks my name is Jerry & I'm from San Francisco. This website really got me motivated to build my own project. I Decided to motorize my Trek 800 & was doing a nightride. I loosened the gas cap to allow the gas to flow, I was riding for about an hour until I felt my bottom was getting wet. I immeadiately stopped & found the gas cap had jarred off & the gas was splashing all over my bottom. I think I'm going to scrap this project and try putting the motor on my dual suspension GTlts 4000. I've ordered a new gas cap & once I get it I'll drill a breather hole. Thanks to all fon this wesite for the information & motivation, Peace.

Attachments

• 9-14-07 142.jpg
    9-14-07 142.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 243
hah! an intro and a confession...cool :)

in case you're not aware: you can get a tank that's made to mount on the rack, it's pretty nice.

welcome to MBc :cool:

Jcabb,
With the tank on back like that, I bet you wouldn't be stopped by the law as much as if it were on the bar. It sorta reminds me of an old Italijet I believe they were called.
The slope of the tank fits the rear slope.
Doc

Welcome to MBc. I don't recall seeing a frame mount Happy time on a full suspension. How do you plan to avoid pogoing?

geez, i surely wasn't criticizing the tank, i think it looks good there, too :)

rear suspension is a serious hassle, unless you've brought the background with you to make it work...if that's the case, then we want serious pics of the build :cool:

van and i read the same post... :p (i'm only razzin' ya doc)

Back