First Impressions Received Motor Kit Today

45u

Local time
4:33 AM
Sorry to say I see the Chinese quality has not gotten any better! No wonder many have problems as there are MANY of the parts that have burrs on them that can break off and really mess up a motor. The intake to cylinder is so bad fit I would think you could add a big improvement in performance to buy or make another intake. Same with exhaust they do not match well either.

I am going to take the whole motor apart before I ever try to start it as it feels like there is either a bad crank bearing of has trash in it as well as I am going top deburr everything.

Plating on the inside of the cylinder looks really bad and might sometime see what it cost to have one nickel sealed and sized. Looking like I will spend a few hours just fixing what the factory could not. I am all so going to check the bore with my dial bore gauges and crank turn as I have built many cranks.

The engine kit was very poorly packed and many items are scratched up and I am talking to the seller right now. I want to run this engine stock to see what I can get out of it then I planned on either getting another engine or upgrade this one to see just how fast I can get it to go with my old fat butt on it.
More to come.
Thanks
Jeff

Guess I am just too use to quality and I only do quality work. I have been talking to the seller but they think the painted parts are OK all scratched up. I paid for new I want new. Live and learn.
Later
Jeff

No problem I can fix it but it will not only cost me time but parts. The seller is talking about some sort of parcel refund. Will keep all posted.
Later
Jeff

Well, it shouldn't be scratched, but cmon give the China quality bashing a break. The kit is $110, it will motorized your bicycle and many folks are more than pleased with them...

I am going to have to take the crank out and true it I am not bashing I am telling it like it is as you have to really force the crank over even with the PTO gear off and the map out. I have built many an engine and none of my cranks turned this hard. I do not care if it was 50 cents I buy new I should not get items that are all beat up. I sure as heck do not treat my customers this way. Maybe that is why many of my customers I have had for 20 to 30 years and they keep coming back as they know I do quality work. I assure you this engine this engine the way it is would not make a few miles if that.
Later
Jeff

Yeah, it should not be scratched or beat up. Mine came in perfect condition. I don't know; it feels like you have a good case to get a replacement from the seller. The seller is most likely an importer and not the manufacturer (China). Mine came in excellent condition so it is most likely not the manufacturer screwing up the packaging but rather handling once it is in the seller's hands. Yeh, the cranks are known to be not the best on these 2-stroke kits. I guess it is just a product of being able to motorized your bike at such a low price... If you can fix it then kudos to you.

I have build many a crank most on big Harley s but done many a single cylinder crank as well. Friction is a big HP eater and as well as cause premature wear. Here is the type of work I do. The arrow is pointing too a machined place for a o-ring seal. When I got it the place where the o-ring goes was 90% gone.

Back