First impressions

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Nobby, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Nobby

Nobby New Member

Got to say I've been really impressed with my first few days riding my new bike. Been to work on it a few times which is about 5 miles each way. Been taking it easy with her until she is run in but hope I will see a bit more power and speed from her. In hindsight I should have mounted her on a much better bike but even the old boneshaker I have still makes me smile. Have driven past the police (uk) a few times and they haven't raised an eyebrow. All in all very happy.

2. LR Jerry

LR Jerry Well-Known Member

There's several riders here from the UK. Having others to ride with will make your ride even better.

3. Nobby

Nobby New Member

Have talked a few people into getting them but I only use it to save money on fuel. Been a biker for nearly 20 years but this little beast does make me smile.

4. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Many members here from the UK, but I believe you are the first from the Isle of Wight.

5. Nobby

Nobby New Member

I thought I might be judging by the looks I'm getting. They are perfect for the island as nothing is ever too far away.

6. Saddletramp

Saddletramp Member

I just love it! That little bicycle will change your heart. Thrills, Peddle home some times. It's ALL Good. Most fun you can have with your clothes on.

7. Nobby

Nobby New Member

Ahhhhh you're meant to have clothes on. Now that really does explain the looks. Looking at ways to pimp her ATM. I'll leave the engine as standard for now but want to put some north road handle bars on her. And front suspension is a must. Still taking it easy on her but can't wait till there is a little more power and engine smooths. Quality bit of kit.

8. Saddletramp

Saddletramp Member

Ahhhhh, I wrap myself in Genuine leather. A Cow gave it's life, so I don't have too. I spray paint after taking a shower, $ painting a frame ain't cheap, 95.00 a quart. Do it necked. No Dust. from me. 80% of dust is dead skin we shed. Wonder if they make a clear coat for that. Old Biker would be a new color.

9. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

80% of household dust ;) pretty gross, watching sunbeams in reality :jester:

panelbeaters are good for dregs of odd colours...sometimes some pretty cool colours ;) cheap cheap, they cant do much with 100ml of burgundy red from a 07 range rover...

need hardener and stuff :(

having a panelbeater on the place helps :) chuck everything in the booth and let him use leftovers :)

i wish id grabbed a bucket of the glass beads from a place i worked at... dangerous lil suckers, like ballbearings on smooth concrete. but meant to be good for the "reflective hi-vis" finish :) instead i gotta buy some :(