first kit engine on first stretched cruiser

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Haggard, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Haggard

Haggard Guest

built many motorized bikes, but this is the first kit I've ever bought. prior , I used motors off of pocket bikes, chainsaws, or anything that had a little compression and a mounting slot.
    I cut a couple adapter plates out of some flat stock I had laying around and bolted on rear of bike .
    I gave the cruiser a 9'' stretch and lowered it 2'' aswell.
    Its a little to low though as pedaling on corners is a slight hazzarddess now with pedals scraping the pavement but the homemade adapters seem alright.
    4 tanks of gas later and rear wheels still where its supposed to be.:grin:
    I stretched it to make room for a jack shaft assembly behind the seat which i'm still working on.
    It incorporates a 3 speed internal hub which will be used by the crank and motor giving me in essence , a 3 speed tranny on this 70cc 2 stroke
    . pics are during the build. . haven't taken any since finished but but will post some when i get the jack hub installed

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2007

2. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

That is a very unique way of stretching a bike...I like it! Please let us know how thw 3 speed hold up to the forces of the engine.

Dan

3. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Hi,

I am also curious as to how long the hub will last under power before it goes munchy on itself.

Incidentally I like the idea of a low mounted mirror - I hadnt thought of that before and that would probably suit my bike - assuming the forks I intend to buy have a non mobile part (which I think they do).

quick question - would the U type rear-wheel stands work with a deraillier?

Jemma xx

4. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Cool bike. What kind is it? Also where did you get the bent seat post?

5. japennell

japennell Guest

The lights

Nice bike. The lights caught my eye. (Im sure you're hoping the catch the eye of those others on the road :cool:)

Are those lights signal lights of sorts? How are they powered?

Thanks

J

6. mxlews

mxlews Guest

Where did you get the headlight?

7. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

haggard...sweet bike!! you are an artist!!! Love the mirrors!!

keep on...keepin' on!!

Dave