First long ride with nothing breaking!!!

M

macarollo

I just finished building my 80cc Gary Fisher.

I have had the bike break on me 3 times now. Once I lost the tensioner pulley.

THEN I had a bike sop rig up a tensioner pulley....

Next my chain broke, while using the make shift pulley.

Then I got a better tensioner pulley and things seemed to work better.

The other night I was riding and suddenly the baffle shot out of the muffler... the engine started roaring like a monster. I screwed the baffle back in.

TODAY was the first time my bike has not broken on me... I am almost scared to push the thing hard because I am afraid I will hear a loud pop or something will break again. Hopefully I have everything installed better now and that won't happen.

I love riding the thing... I love the looks I get from people... several people have stopped to ask me about it too.

I will love it even more when the engine is fully broken in and I can really open it up AND I feel confident parts are not going to break.

(To the kit's defense.... I did not have the pulley on correctly when it flew off and I think the chain broke because of the bike shop's pulley. At first I was running it with the sprocket WAY off true and the clutch was slipping. Now it is all fixed. I CAN say that the muffler was nothing of my doing.)

ahhh... the mating call of the lesser spotted motor-bicyclist....

"Honey, have you seen the locktite..?"

I wont mention the general response.. lol

Jemma xx

I spoke too soon!

The idle screw flew off.

Do you recommend I put lock tite on the idle screw when I get a new one?

In the time being I have put a piece of tape over the hole so no extra air gets in. (I thought the engine wasn't running as good as it could. Turns out the screw was gone and lots of air was sucking in through the hole.)

got a new idle screw... since then I have driven about 20 miles with no problems. Lots of fun!

Back