First MB!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by chicky12, May 16, 2010.

1. chicky12

chicky12 New Member

Hello all I live in pacific beach Ca and i just built my first motorized bike. put it together in my second story apartment living room. Its a 48cc grubee skyhawk and ive put about 200mi on it so far. Still feels like I get more power every time i ride. I ride about 17mi round trip to work every day. Savin about 100 bucks a month on gas. only thing left to do is get an expansion chamber. Happy Times. good ridin everybody.

Attached Files:

2. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Welcome to the forum!
    I'm a bit east of you, in the ElCajon valley.
    Be careful that the chain rubbing on your "greywall" tire does not wear through it.
    Nice bike BTW!

3. chicky12

chicky12 New Member

thanks, greywall i like it im not much of a fan of cleaning. im thinking about goin with a slimmer tire. do you get noticed by the fuzz much out there? they havent bugged me yet. I was thinking about putting a SBP expansion chamber on it do you know anything about them??

4. Lazieboy

Lazieboy Member

Nice

I like. good job. is there alot of people where u live that have MB's

5. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

The Cops around here will harass you if you don't wear a DOT helmet and have the Cali. MB plate. A few are impound happy, so be carefull.
    LaMesa has banned MB's all together, so steer clear of there.
    Years ago a friend if mine got away with it because he removed the engine's drive chain and his engine was cold to the touch by the time a LaMesa cop tagged him. Lights, sirens, yelling at him to pull over through the PA system, the whole enchalada. The cop gave him a stern lecture and a warning but had to let him go because my friend's bike was inoperable as an MB.
    The popo are getting keen about the laws around here.

6. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

nice bike, welcome to the site.