First motored ride today!

nickapaso

Local time
5:15 AM
I just got my kustom kruiser roadster put together all the way and after a few adjustments, was able to ride a couple miles on it. It was awsome. It is surprisingly fast although, I will have to put a sprocket with more teeth on the back because it won't push my 320lbs a@% up a hill. And pedaling a stretched bike is rather awkward. On the way home though I had tensioner failure and the chain locked up the back tire, almost went down, but didn't. Lots of fun though. Is there anything better than those chinsy chain tensioners that come with the kit? I am considering welding up some custom ones directly to the frame so they don't migrate. Any input on this idea or any other ideas would be most helpful. Thanks everyone.

On my boardtracker I welded the bracket to the frame then cut a groove in a roller blade wheel and used that instead of the cheap plastic one.

Here's a pic of my second attempt at a chain tensioner. It's working well. I had no second thoughts about it while getting ready for a 400+ mile ride. And if it does break someday, the parts are readily available.

tens.jpg
Thanks to Jim for the pic. (I trust you don't mind my using it)

Van

I got rid of my tensioner too. But I didn't use spacers, just removed links and adjusted the rear wheel position.

Back