First new Bike Build

First motorized bike build.

Attachments

• motor-bike.jpg
    motor-bike.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 668
I found it good. Keep up the good work. Hope there's something more unique when you build the second one.

New bike build

I have to say, I really do like the look of the gas tank. It has sort of a Ducatti look to it. You can retap the petcock hole in the tank. It comes with threads on the OD. You can tap the inside (ID) for the standard petcock you get with the Chinese engine kits. I also had to weld a small cross bar towards the front of the top frame rail on my bike frame to mount it. Finally, I drilled and tapped a hole for a retainer on the back end of the tank. I will try to post some more pics later of that.

Handy Bikes has the tanks. You need to ask them for it since they don't have a picture on their website. Its for a Standard moped. They don't have petcocks or gas caps. I found a gas cap on Ebay through sheer luck. Its the hinged type with a key lock....too cool. I was going to machine a billet gas cap from scratch and I still may do that. I'll post some pics when I do.

C

Like the color and the white tires.... IS that your belly in the pic too?

What kind of tank did you use ? My first impression was an old BSA motorcycle, but it's been so long since I've fooled with motorcycles or bicycles, I don't really have a clue. Good looking bike though !

New bike build

Yeah, that's my belly Motoschwinn :D Gonna have to use the pedals more than the engine to remedy that one.

I'm surprised nobody asked me what kind of bike I used......I can tell you its not an old Schwinn cruiser.

C

Back