First Post from Huntington Beach

fanatic

Local time
2:23 AM
I just got a Grubee GT5 Angle Fire.

My friends and I are really excited to build our bikes. I am stoked that there is so much information on this site.

I am planning on sanding the head a little, replacing my spark plug, getting better bolts than what came with the kit, and possibly replacing the spark wire.

I have not decided on a bike yet, but I am planning to go around and measure some bikes first. I would like to get a beach cruiser with a front suspension fork. I really like the bikes that look like the old WW2 set ups.

This is a great website. If anyone lives in the area...Post up. It would be great to have some contacts if I run into trouble.

Aaron

This is a great website. If anyone lives in the area...Post up. It would be great to have some contacts if I run into trouble.

Aaron
Hi Aaron
There are a bunch of local OC guys that go on rides once in a while.

Even better there is a 2nd SoCal Motor Bicycle Race coming up on
Saturday Oct 22nd in Apple Valley.

See the Let's Ride! forum for all the details.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=34780

Let us know if you need any help.
Front suspension really helps with all the crappy pot holed bumpy roads
and I gotta upgrade my bikes.

Last edited:
Aaron, like MBR said there is a lot of riders/ builders/ racers, here in OC. I'm in GG.
Those are great ideas to get you started with your build, personally I get into the engine more than that especially if the head is off.
make sure the suspension you buy will fit the frame. some of the older cruisers have 1" head tube. Most of the suspension forks have 1 1/8" stems.
Also the frame material should be as important, steel or aluminum.

Some pics of my Bike after the Willow race -magrider-

Attachments

• DSC02758.JPG
    DSC02758.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC02759.JPG
    DSC02759.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC02760.JPG
    DSC02760.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 130
Those pictures are great. That is the style of bike I am looking at. What is the brand of beach cruiser are you running.

Aaron thanks, It's a sample of a company that isn't around anymore oldguysbike.com. The frame has been modified heavily to get it where it is now. It is very much like the old Dynos that were made in Santa Ana, CA. you can find those on Craigs raging from $40-$750. My brother 'Flying Dutchman' runs a Dyno 'Deuce' and I have a few for other builds. Culver City Classics runs the Dyno's also and has done great builds with these frames, he's on the 'other' forum. Dyno's have horizontal rear dropouts, oversized tubing, and made of steel. Personally I think the Dyno's are the best frames to use.

I just got my bike...The beach cruiser is a firm strong urban. I bought a 1" to 1 1/8" adapter, so I could reverse and flip my BMX stem. I am planning on reversing the handle bars and then making a fiberglass fairing for the front end.

The Grubee GT5 looks like it will mount fine on the seat tube, but the downtube is a little thick. I bought a universal adapter from Sick Bike parts, so I don't have to drill through the downtube.

Here are some pictures.

Two handle bar options.

Attachments

• CIMG2144.JPG
    CIMG2144.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 116
  • CIMG2145.JPG
    CIMG2145.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 107
  • CIMG2146.JPG
    CIMG2146.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 113