First post

FlyBByFly

Local time
3:32 PM
Hi everyone, I'm glad to have found this site. I'm about to do my first build. I have ordered a 66cc/80cc slant head engine kit from kings motor bikes. I am currently trying to find a bicycle to convert. I have my eye on the ocean pacific beach cruiser from wally world. I have seen another post by watchthishold mybeer. and that bike looks awesome. i wonder if it did alright. I dont have access to welding equipment so I'm looking for a straight bolt on and go type set up. I plan on using this for recreational purposes and dont need it for transportation. The more I read though it seems like people love them. I cant wait to experience this MB movement. Wish me luck.

Welcome aboard and best of luck.

I'm not familiar with the bike that you mentioned, but fitting the engine shouldn't be too difficult. When I first bought engines a couple of years ago there was just a bit of problem mating them with the larger tubes that they make these days. I don't know if that's still a problem. But, even then, there are ways of dealing with that.

The best advice I could give is to read, read, read and read some more here. Look over threads and click on any title that seems interesting. You'll pick up a lot of info and ideas that way.

have fun.

Will do. I just talked to a friend that had a schwinn that he converted and he just bought a new bike. he gave me the old bike that has the holes drilled and ready for mounting, however, the rear tire is all wobble and doesn't spin true. i have read about truing wheels and it seems like it takes some time. I don't think I have an eye for that kind of thing and I'm not sure if the wheel is just plain bent, so I found this replacement rear wheel from choppersus.com

http://www.choppersus.com/store/product/490/Wheel-26x1.75-Rear-Coaster-CP/

Welcome to the site! Still have the Op bike. It was an easy build and the bike is really light weight. Only mod I did was heating up the muffler and bending it to fit a little closer to the frame.

Back