First posting Boston

E

eggohead

Hi, this is my first posting on motoredbikes. somebody from mopedarmy.com suggested I check out this forum because my moped is more of a bike with a motor on it.

I'm from Boston, and it's real cold to ride right now, but I bundle up and do it anyway. I don't know much about mechanics at all. I guess I'm slowly learning through owning this moped. I do my research though when I need to, and I'm used to using forums, since I do so pretty often for my video work.

My bike's the Violation made by Spooky Tooth Cycles. So just wanted to introduce myself. Have a great New Year's!

Josh

Welcome Josh. I used to live in Bean Town and had a lot of great times there.

I know that quite a few MBc'ers would be very interested if you blogged a little on MBc in a new thread about your Spooky Tooth bike, particularly:

1. Engine noise. I know you are bundled up right now when you ride (at 20mph that must be quite a wind chill) but I'm wondering how their muffler performs.

2. Reliability and maintenance. How does that bike stand up to mile after mile of riding? How often do you have repair or replace parts?

3. Hill climbing ability.

4. Vibration/comfort.

5. Is it easy to peddle that bike and get exercise since it doesn't have a centrifugal clutch?

One reason that I'm so interested is that I have a GEBE kit, which I don't consider to be particularly reliable and which costs about as much as your entire bike - with engine.

-Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Back