First powered bike (electric)

abudabit

Local time
2:07 PM
After a butt load of trouble with my car I realized I can't be left dead in the water wheel less. I have a business I'm starting up and don't want to keep sinking money into my car. So I'll do most of my commuting with an electric bike I'm making, just use my car for bad weather days or hauling stuff.

Right now I have a 406 kit coming my way, a cruiser waiting to be converted, and a 48v20ah sla battery system (50 lbs). Maybe in a year I'll upgrade to better batteries, but for now this long distance and low cost will suit me well.

It's funny, 2 years ago I didn't even know how to ride a bike at all. Started mountain biking, learned on the rocks (because that's the closest trail to me), and now I'm custom building one.

Welcome to the forum!

Good going on the build and keep us informed with your progress, post some pics if ya feel like it.

I'm a gasser right now, times two but I'm always interested in what's happening with electrics....who knows we all might be going that way someday.

welcome to mbc..good ;uck and happy motoring...one a the members i know has a hybrid gas/electric...whatever it may be...enjoy the ride...

Back