First Ride!

moun10biker

Local time
3:18 PM
I built my bike up, with my 66cc happy time, and loaded up the tank at 16:1 with 1 oz of marvels mystery oil. Yesterday I Fired that baby up, and no problems. at WOT, i got to 19 mph , and im breaking this in. I am using Valvoline multipurpose 2 cycle oil. No problems, and Its been fun, other than the gasket for the exhaust pipe some how disappeared, leaving that hot pipe pretty wobbly. And the cap to the pipe fell off. I'm going to get a different pipe anyways. And the carb leaks a bit.

But today I rode it around for a long while, taking breaks, and gettng to the end of my tank. I was riding, and then the engine sputtered out and died, so I thought I was out of gas. So I went back home, mixed my oil, mmo, and gas at 16:1 and plopped it in tank. I primed the tank, and went to fire it up, but when I let off of the clutch, the engine was just turning over, but the sound of the engine increase slightly when i pulled in the throttle. The bike wont start and just go through what I just described again and again. How can I get my bike running again?

Getting to the end of the tank...First thing comes to mind is trash in the tank. With the fuel on remove the small screw at the bottom of the carb bowl and make sure you have fuel flow. Then on to electrical.

Oh yeah! Theres fuel in there! haha leaked all over the place when I un did the screw. So I dont think its a problem with the fuel.

Tried it. no different. Its the same, It turns over, and when I give it gas, it changes the sound slightly, but thats all.

Do you have a test light or a DC meter. If so disconnect the blue wire coming from the coil to the CDI. Connect tester between the coil wire and ground. Spin engine over and see if you have fire from the coil. If you don't have a test light/meter go get one or I can tell you how to make a test light. Report
OH and that sound change is most likely the engine sucking air from the intake when the piston in the carb is moved in the upward position letting air in.

Last edited:
real cheap.... all you need is a 12V or 6V light bulb used in a automobile and some wire the thinner the better 18G or smaller. Do you have a solder iron...nice but not needed.

Back