Fishing 4 reds

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2stroker, May 4, 2012.

1. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

Went out last night to haulover and caught 3 reds all over 40in:cool2:
    Im gonna go out during the day time to shot gun flats and try and catch some keepers!!

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Red whats?

3. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Haulover Beach...Collins Ave, Miami Beach?? Redfish (Red Drum?)??

Ummm C&R.... Creel down this year...fun to catch. Heck of a fighter on light gear. A few years ago we took (2) over 40". Boy they were good smoked.

Attached Files:

• red.jpg
      red.jpg
      File size:
      6.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  4. tooljunkie

tooljunkie Member

fishing season opens next weekend,i usually dont go out,but i think i am.
    went only twice last year.couldnt handle the motion with my injured back.i am happy its better now.
    had the last of the walleye fillets last night,10 mooneye in the freezer going for smoking this weekend.
    all the fish is gone,gonna need to refill.
    really wish the government would let us keep some sturgeon.

5. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

It was at haulover canal in tittusville,fl..They were red fish ( red drum). I catch em using blue crabs they love em. That and oysters!

6. mabman

mabman Member

AK red.
    P1010657.jpg

7. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

redfish_20.jpg

This is a red fish! A.K.A Red drum

8. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

If blue crab or oyster bait catches one of those, I'm going fishing!

Oh, you meant the scaly thing.

9. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Red's are ravenous feeders, although they can be picky. Some of the best bait, Crabs, shrimp (live best), live bait fish, also cut bait. Artificial--spoons, plastic tail jigs, and top water plugs. Favorite spots, around oyster beds, edge of grass. In shallow water you can watch them feed, looks like they are standing on their head (tailing), with its tail out of the water. Streamers when fly fishing.
    [​IMG]
    http://youtu.be/9nX9NrQt4f0

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  10. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

I have had the best luck using crabs with a piece broke off so they let out a sent into the water. Also my secret bait is dead shrimp the stinkier the better. Cut mullet works great to depending on the time of the year. The black drum goes nuts over the dead stinky shrimp also its there favorite. I got to get my camera and get some more pics for ya guys..I got couple hundred pictures of fish i caught outta haulover canal over the years in my honey hole. I tried live bait it works good. Dead shrimp or cut up lady fish works better though. Atleast it does down here in florida. Ever hear of place called mosquito lagoon. Its the top fishing capitol next to venice, L.A.
    Remeber the bigger the bait the bigger the fish. The big ones are out there. Throw out a foot long mullet with big a hook and make sure you got atleast 100pound test or your gonna break your line.:cool:

11. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

With the right bait any things possible!

12. tooljunkie

tooljunkie Member

well on my next caribbean cruise,i will have to look for and book a fishing excursion,the fish found in northern inland fresh water lakes dont get all that large,hooking a big sturgeon is the only thing i can hope for.