Flashing safety vest

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by jimmyglitter, Apr 4, 2008.

1. jimmyglitter

jimmyglitter Member

Hi I bought one of these on ebay and found it quite effective for safety and visibility. Here is a youtube video on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B98e5CbzqAo

You can buy one on ebay. Just put in a search for flashing vest.

Darcy

2. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

3. louturks

louturks Guest

That's a nice idea

4. "Dad,I'm going to a Rave can I borrow your vest?"

lol!

I want one now.

(edit) Woah. 10 bucks? I gotta get me one.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2008
  5. Zev0

Zev0 Member

WOW!! I like it. Like it so much, I just ordered one. Just another great idea to let (especially the fuzz) that I/we are committed to safety.

6. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

I've ordered one too Zev0 so looks like we'll be "flashing" on opposite sides of the world. ;)

7. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Well, I received mine and all I can say is what a waste of money. Sure, the vest is nice. But it don't friggin work. First I got the left side strip only to work, then it quit. Now the only thing working is bike on the back of the vest. Oh well. Should have known for that low price it would be junk.

8. jimmyglitter

jimmyglitter Member

working vest

Just get the guy to send you another one. He is pretty good.

9. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Sent him an email Jimmy. Thanks. Now we'll see what his reply is. I got it last friday, the 11th. This is the 14th. He has a 3 day return policy which is up today. Post office is closed now. Hmmmm. Guess we'll have to see what kind of person he REALLY is.

10. jimmyglitter

jimmyglitter Member

exchange

I had a problem with mine also but after a couple of weeks and he sent me another no problem and this one works perfect. You do have to remember it is 10 bucks if it works for sometime bonus if it eventually fails in the future at least you got that period of time in which a driver sees you.

Darcy

11. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

I'll follow your progress Zev...i just hope mine works(and continues to work) straight away without any hassles.
    Good luck. :)

12. Zev0

Zev0 Member

I'll keep this thread updated fetor. I hope he rectifies the situation.

13. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

The guy should,he seems pretty amiable by eBay contact...........we'll see.

14. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Ok, I just got an email from him. He says it was probably damaged during shipping since they are pretty fragile. He says, which I agree with, that neither of us are to blame. For the cost of shipping he will send me another one, plus an extra. WOW. I said sure. lol

15. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

16. sparky

sparky Active Member

If people only learned how to properly package items they sell...

17. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

I got my vest today and everything works fine....i'll take it out tonight & "flash" at a few chicks. ;)

18. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Glad to hear it arrived and is working. Glad someone is happy. I'll let you know what happens when I get my backup 2 sets.

19. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

That vest deserves its own sound track....thinking, thinking....all I can hear in my head is a bass beat....

20. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

lol.......sound/bass...u should make that a suggestion for Flashing Vest 2.

BTW...these things work really good,hope it continues that way.