Carby Float bowl leaking.

Speedy Sam

Local time
11:27 PM
Hi

I bought a "80cc" engine kit and When I installed it and got it running I realised it started leaking fuel from the float bowl. I had a problem like that in my 4 stroke engine when I built a go kart. But the carb on this engine (speed carb) I cant seem to figure out the problem, and the gasket is to big so I replaced that but the float should manage the feul so it doesnt fill the bowl up.

Any reason for why the float is not working for me. the engine runs fine and all that but I don't think it should be leaking fuel.

Thank you

Speedy Sam

Does it leak or ooze? I once thought my float bowl was leaking and later figured out the diameter of my fuel line was slightly too large, allowing fuel to seep out.

first you need to use a paper towel to clean the area - then spot exactly where it is coming from

usually, it is from the fuel line

if it is from the bowl, then the bowl is not seated tight, or the float level is too high, or the carb is sitting at a bad angle, or there is a piece of crap stuck in the area of the float-needle

NOTE: these will often leak when the bike is on the kickstand if the petcock isn't turned off

I got a carb that did that ,it was the screw that holds the bowl on the little rubber o ring was missing.
got a o ring off an old carb and that fixed mine.
I have also got kits with a pin bent, a crack in the bowl missing gaskets/O rings.
Check all you gaskets/O rings, make sure they are all sealing.
Check the float even a small grain of dirt can keep the float from working right,
good luck and welcome to the form Sam

Back