flooded

rj1967

Local time
2:53 PM
Ok this has got to be the biggest friggen pain in the butt on earth. Bike is flooded. Reset my needle...adjust bowl...dried out air filter...took spark plug off and muffler to let gas evaporate...played with idle. And still this @#$#& acts flooded. Any suggestions?

not sure what 'acts flooded' means - also, you didn't mention turning gas off when parked

get motor clear of fuel, then go thru the step=by-step checklist on getting it started

Ive tryed everything..draing bowl..adjusting bowl...peddling out exess gas..choking...checked for spark...its just a stubborn peice of @#$#

maybe you're just wrong about flooding being the problem - search 'engine won't start' for other things to check

also, I've seen folks blow out seals by filling engine with fuel

Im getting good spark and I ran outa gas yesterday. This all started after I filled the tank. Im wondering if by running out of gas..hence oil...did I burn it up.

did you fill the tank out of a can of pre-mixed fuel? - if you tried to pour oil & gas into bike, then shake it, you probably screwed it up since most everyone here will tell you not to do that

Ummm yeah...thats exactly what I did after I ran out of gas. Had to guess at the mixture. Good news I did get it going but only after I reset it the way it was when I didnt have any idle. Oh well. Better not have an idle and its running than to screw around and not have a running bike. Thanks guys for all the tips.

if it is truly flooded then the plug will be very wet
maybe the interior of the exhaust pipe also

Back