Florida laws

Discussion in 'Laws, Legislation & Emissions' started by superwhite, Dec 6, 2015.

1. superwhite

superwhite New Member

Has anyone been hassled by police for riding in Florida? I was riding through my neighborhood last week and an off duty cop was in his neighbors driveway. He yelled and motioned for me to come talk to him, I waved and kept on rolling acting like I was adjusting something. Now he makes a trip around my house a couple times a day. Luckily its out of commission for a while. I looked into the RS-68 thing which is awesome but i've already broke the only 3 rules to do it. I dont have a reciept for the bike, my engine is over 49cc, and the bike will do over 20mph. ugh. Has anyone been through the RS-68 process? Are they leniant at all when it comes to providing reciepts? The bike is from 1992, that reciept is long gone!

Thanks!!

2. Elwoodwins77

Elwoodwins77 New Member

Never even give me a second look around my area.

3. bakaneko

bakaneko Active Member

I don't want to sound like a nutcase but some cops can be pretty pyscho-aggressive. The fact that this guy circled your house 2 times in a day suggest to me he is looking to assert his authority or bust you.

4. Elwoodwins77

Elwoodwins77 New Member

Ok. They gave me a second look after 3 months of ignoring me. Guess I have to figure out how to do this registration thing...