Florida Member here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by stealthc9, Nov 4, 2008.

1. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

Hey Guys my name is Darick i'm 21 from tampa bay area/central florida. I started out with mini pocket bikes go peds rc cars etc. I currently have a 110cc pocket bike that had been stolen from me and recovered. I'm going to be looking into takin the motor and 4 spd clutch off that and putting it on a beach cruiser. As well as an 80cc ebay kit.
    Well theres my intro. I got my license suspended so motor bike works for me!

2. alex

alex Guest

Welcome from Englewood/Sarasota!

3. POLINGPOWER

POLINGPOWER New Member

Welcome To The Site Darick Naples ,fl

4. Welcome neighbor from the Treasure Coast........

5. waylow

waylow Member

Welcome Darick, when you get these together, make sure that they're totally legal and that you have all the proper lights and reflectors and everything, cops seem to hate bicycle riders for some reason, and always harass them. They have been writing tickets like crazy in my town for not having lights and reflectors at night.
    hello tangent! anyway welcome here, enjoy, read on.
    -waylow

6. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

Oh i wouldn't be riding at night anyways lol. But thanks, and yea a headlight,tail lights,brake lights are a must anyways. the 110cc motor is all set up with it anyways.

7. waylow

waylow Member

working brake lights and blinkers get into legalities, where depending on where you live, you have to register your bike with the dmv and stuff... some times people run into vin problems too. I am just going to have blinking red lights on the back.

8. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

yea I dunno, I cant register anything but it is florida. I was told by the dmv that as long as it still has peddles on it that the motor will just be "peddle assist"

9. waylow

waylow Member

well that is cool. it pays to know your local laws.

10. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

oh and that I am not to tell them that it's a 110cc. as they won't know straight from the look most times

11. BrettMavriK

BrettMavriK Member

Welcome from Tampa Bay!

'BrettMavriK

12. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

Registration can be done! You have to show proof its 50cc or less, froof it cant go over 30 mph, under 2 hp, pedals that assist, single speed. They will put u in a moped class and creat you a vin. #.

13. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

tag

the proof,

Attached Files:

14. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

i have a suspended drivers license and my 110cc motor has 15whp

but where are you located kawai? i'm in new port richey...i'm thinkin i might get an ebay kit tho.

15. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

I,m in Seminole south of Clearwater.

16. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

awesome, that's crazy urs is so fast. I want to see if I can get a 22t sprocket for an 80cc ebay kit, maybe a 14t front...really get it up and going lol

17. BrettMavriK

BrettMavriK Member

Wow,
    Didn't know there so many of us in close proximity.
    I'm in Land O' Lakes just North of Tampa 20 miles East of New Port Richey.

What do you all ride???
    I am building a fully suspended chopper with 5 speeds and a home made jack shaft.
    You guys meet Jim of Creative Engineering in Clearwater yet?
    He's the guy who sells the clutch actuator upgrade kit for $27.95.
    He's also working on an upgrade that will allow an HT motor to rev past 10,000 rpm and make 3 times the horsepower. With that upgrade and my gearing & multiple speeds, I'm thinking the 65-75 mph barrier will be attainable.

'BrettMavriK

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  18. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Brett, no offense intended, but you are crazier than a bedbug. Good luck.

19. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

Some of my rides, 56.3 mph is about as fast as I would want to go.

Attached Files:

20. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

i think all i need for that is a stingray bike, and my 110cc pocket bike motor, mounted foot shift lever. and 28t or 22t sprocket.