Fluoridation of a populace

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fabian, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Why would certain governments and medical authorities keep pushing the fluoride issue when so much research points to adverse health findings?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

It's simple, really. They're providing their buddies in big business a convenient and cheap place, our bodies, to dump their toxic waste.

At least, that's what I've heard.

3. velzie

velzie Member

That video is part of a propagandist BS conspiracy theory that has no concrete examples of problems with dosing water with such low amounts.

The studies near the end involving neurotoxicity in rats uses VERY high doses that is not realistic in a natural human diet.

This is a old video with information that is not up to date with today's studies.

Please don't post conspiracy videos made to cause alarm to the uneducated.

4. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Please post your full list of "what is" and " what is not" allowed in the off topic section of this public forum.

5. velzie

velzie Member

exactly

6. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of what is and isn't allowed.

What velzie is saying is that you're listening to liars and that you do no one any good by spreading their garbage.

Really. If you're not careful about who you listen to you're very likely to work against your own best interests.

7. grinningremlin

Fortunately, I'm a dial-up luddite and vids aren't worth the time, I personally couldn't care about most conspiracy theories.If it's wacko, then it's most certainly off topic, and who (other than the admin) is to say what someone can and can't post??I'm for letting people do what they want, your own actions are to blame, not what someone else posts.If you follow a lie down a horrible path it's your fault, not the person who lied to you and suggested you follow that path.If a person follows nonsense (no research) they get what they deserve.

8. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

A growing number of countries are banning fluoridation of water. Why would this be the case?

9. BigBlue

BigBlue Active Member

Most European countries have eliminated fluoridation from the water supplies. My guess is that the population as a whole has access to quality and affordable dental care that fluoridation is no longer needed. Most probably don't consume the amount of sugar that is consumed in the US. Some countries probably have stopped due to the cost and distrust of the government.

This issue has been beaten to death from the beginning. It needs to go away like Elvis, Hitler, and the Michael Jackson sightings.

I would be more worried about peoples access to teeth whiteners than fluoridation.

Chris
    AKA: BigBlue

10. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

Over half of the U.S.A. population is drinking fluoridated water, which is now linked to cancer and arthritis.
    Bone cancer has been linked to fluoride in a 10 year study by the National Toxicology Program of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This sensational news was disclosed in an exclusive report in Medical Tribune, December 28, 1989, but ignored by the mass media. Also, Proctor and Gamble, the maker of Crest (a fluoride toothpaste), presented studies to the U.S. Public Health Service, showing that fluoride tested positive as a cancer-causing agent at the lowest concentrations used.
    According to Charles Eliot Perkins, a research chemist sent to Germany to take charge of the I.G. Farben Chemical Industries after World War II, repeated doses of fluoride were used to make people submissive to the government. He wrote, "In the rear occiput of the left lobe of the brain, there is a small area of brain tissue that is responsible for the individual's power to resist domination. Repeated doses of fluorine will in time gradually reduce the individual's power to resist by slowly poisoning and narcotizing this area of brain tissue and make him submissive to those who wish to govern him." I was told the scheme by a German chemist who was an official of the I.G. Farben Chemical Industries and prominent in the Nazi movement of the time. (The Fact Finder, Box A Scottsdale, AZ 85352)

11. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

12. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

It's easy to make a problem go away - stick your head in the sand and all is fixed, just like the inconvenient truth of weapons of mass destruction being a complete fabrication, depleted uranium projectiles discharged by weapons systems pose no threat to the environment or inhabitants that live there, Agent-Orange having only minor effects on human physiology, Japanese government officials making bold statements on national television that radiological effects of Fukushima can be prevented by laughter, fracking presenting no negative environmental effects on the water table and the drinking water collected from it, Aspartame being a perfectly safe artificial sweetener that has positive effects on the body, Thalidomide being a rigorously tested drug and proven to be safe for human consumption, and on and on and on it goes.

In all of these cases, industry can present scientific evidence that their products are rigorously tested at great expense and carry negligible risk to the environment or human beings.

13. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

Comparitive Toxicity of Flourine Compounds
    University of Arizona
    http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ie50295a026

Reports in the literature of the toxic effects of flourides have been reviewed by McClure and Mitchell and DeEds. Such indications of impaired health and developmnent as subnormal rate of growth or decline in weight, poor appetite and lowered food intake, poor reproduction, and inferior bone and tooth structure have been reported to result from relatively low intakes of sodium flouride. High levels of feeding have caused death.
    In 1931 proof was established in this laboratory that the dental defect of human teeth known as mottled enamel which is endemic in many sections of the world is caused by the toxic action of flourides present in the drinking water supply of the afflicted persons.

14. grinningremlin

I don't know much about it but these two things, in toothpaste doses it keeps enamel stronger than it would be without.In high doses (naturally occurring flouridic water supplies) it makes the teeth brittle/hard and discolors them to give the appearance of tobacco chewing.To those that believe it's nonsense, don't read it, problem solved.

15. velzie

velzie Member

I don't want these off-topic conversations to disrupt any friendliness regarding other topics.

You quote a very old paper from the 1930s. Science has evolved by leaps and bounds since then. I mean, Dr. Morell was still administering cocaine and amphetamines.

This 2012 paper studies the continental US and discusses a type of bone cancer thought to be caused by fluoridation, but they see no significant correlation within either sex or any age group.

This 2014 paper from China DOES see a correlation between EXCESS fluoride and developing carotid artery atherosclerosis. Take into consideration their NORMAL level (1.20 mg/L) is about TWICE the amount of what is delivered in my municipal drinking water (0.70 mg/L). And their HIGH concentration group (3.01 mg/L) is over 4 times the amount here.

Its the same old discussion - the difference between medicine and poison is the dose. And tap water (at least mine) is highly regulated.

16. BigBlue

BigBlue Active Member

Those of you that are interested in informing yourselves about fluoride treatment and cavities, I've found, A Survey of the Literature of Dental Caries, 1952 on Google Books if you care to read. I am sure this is the research behind the reasoning for fluoridation of the drinking water in the US and internationally. http://books.google.com/books?id=K0...r foster fluoride methods of analysis&f=false

Interesting chart on page 40 shows Denmark and Sweden having a higher sugar per capita than the US in 1938 - 1939 and in 1948. Refined carbohydrates are cited as the many causes of dental caries. Since sugar consumption has gone down in those Nordic countries, the need for fluoridation has diminished. Do a cost-benefit analysis and the need for fluoridation is not economically viable.

Page 23 is titled, LOW CARIES FREQUENCY IN PRIMITIVE PEOPLE AND IN PEOPLE LIVING TOTALLY OR PARIALLY LIVING OFF NON-INDUSTRIALIZED FOODS. Fluoride in fish and drinking water are attributable to the low dental caries in native or people eating minimal amount of industrialized food.

Today, the US is the highest consumer per capita of all sweeteners. Today's top consumer of sugar: Macedonia 73.8 Kg; Belize 65.5 Kg; Swaziland 56.9 Kg; Cuba 56.6 Kg; Trinidad & Tobago 55.3 Kg; Barbados 52 Kg; Brazil 51.7 Kg; Costa Rica 50.6 Kg; New Zealand 49.2 Kg; St. Kitt & Nevis 49.0 Kg - http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/world-top-ten-sugar-consumer-countries.html

Read it and use it as a tool in your tool box to make your own evaluation. Studies upon studies have shown the positive effects of fluoridation in the amounts recommended by the American Dental Association.

Chris
    AKA: BigBlue

17. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Someone has had a gutful of the anti-fluoride people trashing his front yard:

[​IMG]