Fold Ups??

Well, if you're going with a folding bike... you have to get a rack-mounted 2-stroke. Rack because it won't fold [easily] if it's on the frame, and 2-stroke because oil will leak out of the crankcase with a 4-stroke that is tucked in an RV or something. Also, if you ever wanted to bring the bike on a plane... they don't allow used 4-strokes to come on the plane for this very reason -- leaking oil.

As for the motor I'm getting... it'd prolly be 30ccs to 40ccs, maybe even electric. I'd prolly go for the quietest engine I could find, really. For gas, I've heard of a Mitsubishi 42cc engine that's pretty quiet, but I'm sure it can't compare to a silent, brushless electric hub.

I'm going to enjoy the 30day money back guarantee with the bike, and just pedal for the first couple months at least. Then I'll prolly get the Mitsubishi 42cc or an electric hub w/battery. I just wanna ride for now, tho!! Come on UPS!!!

It looks like a nice bike but as far as top speed goes I dont think you'd want to go too much over 25 on that thing. It's only 54lbs, has 20in wheels and probably has a short wheelbase. It may get squirrelly on you if you try to push it too far. I really like how they include double walled alloys on it, those suckers should be tough and shouldn't warp at all. Can't wait to hear about it.

so it will not be here untill tommorrow.but i found this place that sells them but they are $900 not $500 has a slightly better pic of it folded

It looks like a nice bike but as far as top speed goes I dont think you'd want to go too much over 25 on that thing. It's only 54lbs, has 20in wheels and probably has a short wheelbase. It may get squirrelly on you if you try to push it too far. I really like how they include double walled alloys on it, those suckers should be tough and shouldn't warp at all. Can't wait to hear about it.
The bike is actually pretty stable; the locks are very solid. My worst critiques are that the front wheel is too thin, and the crank was loose which gives me bad feelings about the manufacturer/dealer. Overall, It is prolly worth the money, but I'd feel safer putting an electric hub on the front to make sure I don't get too crazy with this motor business, and I'll bee 100% safe with the federal e-bike law.

But if the bike that Seth gets has two freewheels already on it, I might have to get his instead based on that one feature alone.

Anyway, 25mph is definitely top speed you'd like on a folding bike.

I have been getting more and more interested with Dave's Motors Go-Bike and GTR46i as they both have all-terrain tires, and I'm pretty sure they'd both prolly take up less space than this WindJammer bike. The Go-Bike appears to fold up more, but lacks any front suspension and the superior CIDLI suspension of the GTR46i. The GTR46i is incredibly loud, but seems way more fun to stand up Segway style.

Last edited by a moderator:
haha the Go-Bike is goofy....i had a Go-Ped when i was a kid they are fun no source of transportation tho (check out the go-quads Go-Ped offers) but anyways thanks to the snow storm the bike will be ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!!! im way to impatiant for all of this...

Since we're on the Go-Ped topic anyway...

My friend bought a Riot, but I woulda rather bought the Trail Ripper myself.

As long as cops didn't have a problem with them in your area (our municipal cops definitely had problems with gopeds before, but my friend rides his Riot in the daytime no problem... he's only gotten in trouble riding it at past 10 or 11ish), they could definitely be modes of transportation. My friend can easily pass traffic in the neighborhood with his Riot, and the Go-Bike is only a few CCs smaller.

Both of the videos above show the off-road, kobby tires, tho. That's why I'm considering the $300 cheaper Go-Bike or the equally priced GTR46i because they both have All-Terrain tires and better gearing for top speed & fuel economy, and the GTR46i still has the Riot's & original Trail Ripper's awesome CIDLI suspension, while the Go-Bike has rear-suspension & springy seat only. The CIDLI suspension and huge, but loud 4.5+hp Chung Yang engine really make the Riot and GTR46 / GTR46i amazing contraptions. There's even a GTR Roadster with same suspension, but smaller engine.

i was just looking at the motor and noticed it has 25 teeth and the bike is 45 that doesnt seem right i see everyone on here talkin about 14 and 13 is it because the tires are small

Ship date
Feb 22, 2008

Estimated delivery
Feb 29, 2008
Now i have to wait untill friday UPS Ground never works for me they said it would be here tuesday

Well... they need to hurry up.

I think my choices are down to this foldable bike if it has 2 freewheels like I'm wanting, if it doesn't.... I might go ahead and buy that $700 Go-Bike.

Seems like this foldable bike and the Nuvinci hub are the only hopes of having two freewheels. And the Stanton gear box... but we'll see. I saw the internals of that gear box and didn't quite understand how it worked.

Chances are I'm gonna send that $400 Downtube bike back. It's great, but I just don't think it's what I'm looking for. Go-Bike, Foldable Bike, or total custom with NuVinci or Stanton gears...

Back