FOR SALE: BRAND NEW NuVinci Honda GXH50 kit, motor, wheel

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by tfhudson, Feb 1, 2009.

1. tfhudson

tfhudson Guest

I bought this kit from Staton several months ago. To my dismay, it comes with no installation manual whatsoever. Staton simply doesn't publish one.

Upon inquiry, I was told to just "look at the pictures" on the website and figure it out.

I am not saying anything bad about Staton, only about my lack of mechanical skills. I don't have the time or patience to try to figure this one out without a manual.

This kit comes with a Honda GXH50 motor that has never been cranked, a Staton gearbox, a 26-inch 36-spoke wheel with a NuVinci hub already laced in, and all the mounting hardware. I bought the highest gearing option available for a high top speed. Everything is new, never used.

I am located in Arkansas.

Alternatively, if anyone within a few hours' drive of me would like me to pay him to install it for me, please contact me.

Thanks for looking!
    Thomas 501-412-7144

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

a price would probably help :)

3. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

Thomas
    this is a nice set up you have here
    understood -- instructions appear to be a weak spot
    may wish to give your thread some time for response before selling
    hopefully someone close by you -- can help out

and you will be able to ride that THING

4. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Start a seperate thread:Help Wanted Locally In Arkansas(or thereabouts) & describe your problem.........not that it should come down to this but $'s also talk.

5. spad4me

spad4me Member

Do not quit so soon.
    Use craiglist or advertise in a cheap paper thrifty nickle ?
    There has got to be somebody locally skilled enough to help or build your kit.

6. cooltoy

cooltoy Member

I hate to see a guy give up and I hope you will get the help needed. Even if it is one step at a time. I see your point though, I went over to that site and my eyes glazed over and I gave up reading after the first paragraph. Gees, that was like trying to read the small print on a Cell phone contract.
    After looking at the pics, it seems simple enough, much like making a DIY rear rack to hold a carrier or milk crate sort of thing.
    Maybe You could start a thread, or you could keep this one going and with any luck, members can help you get through this one or two steps at a time.
    You have a great looking kit there with all high quality parts, don't give up!

7. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Yeah take some pictures of the bike and start a build thread. Members will help you through it. It took me maybe a couple of weeks to a month to complete just the mechanical assembly of my nuvinci kit but that sucker took a pounding all last year and still runs strong. The bicycle on the other hand is getting questionable. Stick with a hardtail steel frame.

8. tfhudson

tfhudson Guest

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

My roommate is good with motorcycles, and he is sounding more interested in taking a look at it, though he's in the middle of his own motorcycle rebuild project.

Still no one in the Arkansas area to lend a hand?

Has anyone tried to mount this motor on a traditional rear bike rack? That might take some of the time and frustration out of this build, and I have a heavy duty rack laying around.

9. cooltoy

cooltoy Member

Bad idea, don't forget that the force on the rack would be equal to the force needed to propel your bike.
    What I do when up against what you are facing is to do it one step at a time. Sit down with your bike and the parts. Play with the parts, try to be near your computer or print out those pics. Each time you spend a little time doing this, you will become comfortable with the pile of parts in front of you. Install a part you are sure of and as things fall together, installing the next part makes sense.
    Other than that, buy your pal a case of beer and say, all I want is three hours of your time.......please!

10. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

I agree,bad idea the traditional bike rack....it'll break straight away,& parts won't assemble correctly anyway.
    You've got all the bits their.It's now a question of assembling them in a logical order...if u get out of step you'll soon realize.
    If u can't work something out & you've exhausted ALL possabilities think about it overnight......get back to it in the morning after your subconscious has done it's stuff.

11. cooltoy

cooltoy Member

Yes, so true, there are many times when it's best to just sleep on it. The next day you just seem to come up with your answer.
    Get a Dig. camera at a pawn shop or whatever and post picks, members will help.
    I don't want to pick on dealers but I must say this. I googled around trying to help this guy out. !00% of the many hits I got were people complaining about the poor instructions. Kind of stupid if you think about it. I gave up at that point.

12. OK I'll ask again

How MUCH$$ are you trying to sell it for? Whining gets you nowhere...:sweatdrop::yawn::yawn::surrender: :surrender:

13. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

please take note of this post

truly
    your buddy knows a little about motor cycles -- ok
    three hours AT THE MOST with him helping
    you will be up and running

have fun as you ride that thing

14. A great "Quote"

If your build keeps Spitting out parts then
    "IT AIN'T" ---
    If you don't have the proper tools then
    "YOU SHOULDN'T" ---
    If you force a round part in a square hole then
    "You need to get a BiGGER HAMMER"---
    If you violate two of the above Three basic rules for sucess -- then
    "That's what friends are for"........

If you don't have any friends -- U are FUBAR & should take up knitting so you don't hurt yourself or anybody else on the ROAD.

Just my personal JADED thoughts .....................................

I truly would help you if you have only one of the above mentioned reccomendations. If not then it may be safer to buy an assembled bike.

Take a riders safety course!

15. seanhan

seanhan Member

dude you got the Caddiliac of m/b's ...
    Don't get dicourged and sell it !!!!
    You just need to find some help ..
    see if you can get a lawnmower repair shop mech. to help you

16. tfhudson

tfhudson Guest

First $800 plus shipping gets it.

Brand new, never used, never installed, Honda GXH50 motor, with Staton gearbox, pedal shifter kit, mounting hardware, Nuvinci Hub laced into double-walled 26 inch, 36 spoke wheel. Geared for best top speed.

Contact me at tomhudsonphotography(at)gmail.com or 501-412-7144. Little Rock.

17. tfhudson

tfhudson Guest

Is $800 too much?

I won't refuse any reasonable offer for this kit. See the above for contact info.

18. infowarrior

infowarrior Banned

i also bought from Staton; and agree; the kit comes with no mounting instructions... On the bright side though; looking at the Staton photo gallery, will provide more than enough clues... Sorta like putting a puzzle together by looking at the picture on the box; but much easier...Plus Staton has an online instruction page... Do'nt be discouraged; you got the makings for a Caddilac of motorized bikes; like seanhan said...

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  19. prichmon

prichmon Member

Consider selling the Honda motor? If so please PM me.

Rich