For the LAST TIME!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Guest, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

The Chinese engines have an idle speed adjustment screw that adjusts the SPEED ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

How hard is this to comprehend?

Apperently, for some, it is very hard to comprehend and I'm afraid that some less knowledgable folks will read this misinformation that keeps getting spewed out and try to adjust the MIXTURE with it.

STOP IT JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rant over.

2. JosephGarcia

JosephGarcia Guest

Saw his myspace the other day, he's only 16... (or so it says) can't expect too much from that. Lol
  3. mrsaxman99

mrsaxman99 Guest

Joe as I recall you were one of the misinformed ones spreading bad information not too long ago...
  4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

what's happening here? coupla different things. i'm only going to address my position:

boy, if you could search thru and find all my wrong answers...i was a "mixture screw" guy for a spell, myself, it's all here somewhere :lol:

but, since i know that story, and others from all of us, exists, it' easy to tell who hasn't read anything by what they post for new topics. right now, the front page, current topics, could be a twin of prolly like page 5 or 6, you see? it's so impossible to stay on top of re-generating issues that have already been successfully addressed, or should be revived with a new reply by a new member who has similar ideas but just got here.

anyone who's been here long enuff knows i'm a total sh*theel when it comes to content management here at MBc. those who know me also know i care a ton about what MBc looks like every single time you logon.

for me, this is about getting bombarded by 200 posts in 2 weeks...the posts themselves are there for all to see, so no need to discuss them.

sometimes i just know when a new member comes along who hasn't at least politely glanced at the faq and our rules. it gets personal, my mission statement clearly explains why, no more rambling about that, either.

how about if i suggest this? next time you visit, go to the back pages of general discussion and tech/ a few, see if there's anything back there that should be "bumped" with a reply about something new we've learned, instead of starting a new topic? it would really really help everyone avoid some of what's going on.
  5. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

Somebody back when put it simplest- Fuel, Spark, Air.

It is evident that the bigger the engine, the more parts involved, and not everybody has listed which engine they are specializing in.

That tool, written with your data, is listed there on the screen to the left. If I find myself in an 80 cc topic, I can simply "hands in the air, back away from the vehicle"......

My proposal is this: There are certain members (and I definitely am NOT qualified) who we could all agree are MASTER MECHANICS. Not only in the know how, but in the METHOD of dispersal of information, answering questions.....

The volunteers and forum could give this designation to qualified members, and instead of the engine size, their designation would be "expert" or whatever brand is chosen.

The main task of these motor experts is to GRADE THE ADVISE in a topic. They could copy/paste THE BEST ANSWERS and stack them all in the Tech Topic under "Carburator screws, best advise/worst advise"

Air Filters "best/worst"
    Spark Plugs "best/worst" etc. etc.

Not delete stuff, but they could put 1 star or 4 stars on the 10 threads that involve "Carburator screw", one is deemed BEST, one is WORST, and all the other threads sit in middling limbo.

It should be FUN, because the WORST advise could be worn as a trophy, and if somebody gets recognized for repeatedly giving the best advise, we would be well on the way to writing an on-line how to manual.

The algorithm is only good if the master mechanics/experts agree to VOTE, since voting in polls is usually ignored. But this voting is limited to the small group of qualified advisors.....
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

What are you talking about mrs axman?

Feel free to post an example and I'll graciously acknowledge it.

There is a difference between a minor discrepency and constantly saying something that is absolutely not true, even after you've been corrected.

Now put up or shut up.
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

I like your thinking bama!
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

:grin: :D
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

10. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

quit your bitchin and put it together, lol
  11. mrsaxman99

mrsaxman99 Guest

Well for starters:

to which I replied in the next post:

to which you reply:

...I just think it's funny that you make a bitching thread when not too long ago you were making uninformed assumptions....just like I'm sure a lot of the people you are bitching about are when they recommend "adjusting the idle mixture screw".
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

Alrighty then....I will graciously acknowledge that ONE instance. I was wrong. These carbs are very different from the norm which is 99.9% of bike carbs. I don't know of any other carb with just one jet for all ranges, not even simple model aircraft carbs.

Very different from the stuff I was bitchin' about.

So you got me there, happy now?

At least you can't whine because I'm dispensing tips and knowledge without having an engine....I know that got your shorts in a knot.
  13. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I didn't catch it augi, who's and what was it?
  15. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i was pointing out that i also thought the screw was for mixture when i first got here...guess ya had to be there :p
  16. mrsaxman99

mrsaxman99 Guest

haha yeah that's right, I didn't like it either when you gave tips before owning one.

It's all good bud, you have one now, and have brought widespread attention to the fact that the adjustment screw on the side is in fact an idle SPEED adjustment, and not fuel we are all the smarter!
  17. Guest

Guest Guest's all good and we can put this one to bed. :)
  18. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

thank goodness! hahaha
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! :D
  20. Bill Snow

Bill Snow Guest

I am getting some good help from the members of this forum which is appreciated. I have put several motorized bicycles together over the years that turned out nice, but not doing all that well with this Chinese engine. I have seen some of the neat work and learned of the many miles riders have put on these little engines. One fellow I talked to on the phone was just over 4000 miles and still runnung strong.

So, I'm sticking with what looks like a simple project, but feel on the dumb side and hope this group will be tolerant with some of my stupid statements and dumb questions.