Forum Rules

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kerf, Sep 23, 2008.

1. kerf

kerf Guest

We've been engaging in some spirited political debates here and the Mods, to their credit, have left us alone. I know in this election year that emotions can run high but please observe the rules of decorum. We need to remain civil and stay away from name calling and bashing. Lets police ourselves so the Mods can focus on more important matters.

End rant.

RATRODER Guest

Here Here
  3. sparky

sparky Active Member

Yup, name calling is never good - ever - for any circumstance. It's good to get emotional, but not *at* someone who doesn't understand your side. Name calling just makes you look st00pit. Sorry for being so hypocritical, name callers!
  4. frenchlayer

frenchlayer Member

right on,
    even if I am new to this forum
  5. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

We appreciate this...

We appreciate that the discussions have been kept largely civil. The other mods and I have been in contact with each other regarding the threads, and we have been pleased that the discussions have not gotten out of hand. There is a lot of good spirited debate, and I haven't seen any strong reason to recommend locking them yet. We generally like to keep political discussions off the board, but this is the off-topic area, and as long as things remain civil, we'll keep the threads open.

Kerf, kudos to you for posting your "rant". We were planning on posting a similar type of message. All we ask everyone is to keep things civil. If one must get overheated, please take it to PM and keep it off the board.
  6. kerf

kerf Guest

I appreciate your reply and thank you and the other Mods for your indigence. Even as a participant in political discussions, I understand that it is not the mission of the forum. An outright ban on political discussions might be problematic as it sometimes "sneaks in" in relation of other topics. If we can weather this until the November elections, maybe it will subside on its own, I hope. In any case it must be confined, without exception, to the White Zone and kept civil.
  7. White zone Is A All Off Topic Area Correct.?

just making sure.

I don't wish to rock the Boat in any way.
    So i guess I'll go back to the norm And follow the feet in front of me While keeping my head down.
    On a lighter note
    Howe about the Yankee's

OR the Patriots

Captian america is out for the season.
    Can someone pleae pass the chips..

8. frenchlayer

frenchlayer Member

How 'bout them Dawgs?
  9. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

How 'bout them "Phightin' Phillies"?

RATRODER Guest