Found a bike...

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by adb140275, Sep 12, 2010.

1. adb140275

adb140275 Member

...On the side of the road! i had ordered my engine kit, and didnt know what sort of bike i would be using. my friend, Adam (bigtrucker2007 on the forum) called me and said there was a bike on the side of the road (by the trash cans and under other various things) in his neighborhood, perfect for an engine. all it needs is a rear innertube. eventually a couple of new tires, and some cruiser handlebars will be added. everything is in working order and is in great shape. its like new.

Attached Files:

2. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Good find, you'd be surprised how many bikes are out there "FREE" just for the asking. We needed parts, and I didn't feel like driving 40 miles and buying new. I put a want ad on Craigslist and they called me.

3. Sterno666

Sterno666 New Member

That's a nice looking bike! I like that color. When I get my engine broken in, running right, and setup how I like I'm planning on giving her a makeover. I'm debating between a vintage rat-rod look or the General Lee.....

That orange may have just tipped the scales....or maybe I should build a 2nd bike.....

4. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

do the General Lee, or at least do that one first... rat rods seem somewhat common

5. Sterno666

Sterno666 New Member

That orange did tip the scales.

Hazard County here I come!

6. I found the bike I put my motor on in the ditch across the road. None of the locals owned so I called the police, they picked it up. About two months later they called up and said they were going to bring it to my house cause we found it.

I don't have any pics of before I put the motor on, so this is the day after I first put it on.

pbpic4036360.jpg

7. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

Orange !!! Add some blue to it & it can be a U.F. Gator Bike.

8. Bean

Bean New Member

nice find,that is a cool orange.the general would be neet.

9. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Wish I wasn't colorblind. :confused:

10. adb140275

adb140275 Member

heres mine with the engine installed. your ditch find is a lot better of a bike than mine, lol.

Attached Files:

11. domino

domino New Member

Nice looking wheels...Check and recheck everything. Once again...Nice looking build!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010