Frame mounting a Tanaka 40cc GEBE kit..please help.

shawnshank

Local time
6:13 AM
I have a Tanaka 40cc GEBE kit with a rack mount which I haven't even finished installing yet people have told me I should do a frame mount.
I'm thinking this will be my next project after I use the rack mount for a bit.
Is there any information out there for doing a frame mount on one of these kits? Does anyone have pics of their GEBE Tanaka 40cc frame mount you can send me?

I was JUST about to post a thread about an idea a prospect named Andy just gave me.....

What you are worried about is fixing the rear tire on the road. What you DON'T want to do is wrestle with the mount and engine.

His Navigator 2.0 only has one hole in each dropout above the axle slot. He may want to switch the engine to another bike later.

So, this is HIS idea, and it makes sense.

Go ahead and axle mount the kit, BUT before you do, put 2 long 5mm bolts in one of the drop out holes on each side. That creates a PEG.

If you have a flat (and you are going to punctureproof the rear as best you can to prevent that), you could pull the engine off the axle and rest it on those 2 pegs.

We are thinking, to secure the mount on the peg, you would have a wing nut and over sized washer in your road repair kit.

How does that sound? If it works, we'll call it the "Andy Advantage Attachment", (and he doesn't even have an engine yet.)

Last edited:
Back