Fred head

C

chevyracer2

When I put this bike together I change the timing by putting two gaskets on the bottom of the cylinder then just recently I added the Fred head and the thrush muffler and the thing really never came up to speed if it ran as good as it sound holy smokes but it didn't then I noticed that the bottom gaskets had blowed out do they make a metal gaskets 4 that bottom or or has anybody else has ever had this problem with these motors please help

use real gasket paper, the stock base gaskets are garbage. sometimes you can get away with coating the stock gaskets with rtv but 9 times out of 10 if you're stacking gaskets you'll blow them.

You should check your compression. I can't say for sure with a real Fred head, But all the after market performance heads I have tested have more volume than a stock slant plug head. That along with the stacked base gaskets has probably dropped your compression drastically. I prefer to remove the material from the top of the cylinder cause they are cheaper than the head, and it doesn't alter your squish band.

Back