Freewheel search

gary55

Local time
1:25 PM
Does anyone have a vendor who sells 26' single speed alloy rim brake wheels with freewheel hub, and preferably 12 ga. spokes.

http://custommotoredbicycles.com/double_wall_alloy_26_x_2125_black_wheels_12_gauge_spokesspokes

Scroll down to the second one..
You might have missed it. I was actually scrolling down to find another page thinking I was on the wrong one, but nope, it's just the second item on this page below the coaster hub version.
It has an 11mm wide machined braking surface on the 31mm inside width black alloy (non eyeletted) double wall rim, 12 guage spokes, and a 6 bolt ISO disc mount for your sprocket adapter on the standard freewheel threaded (1-7 speed), 135mm wide hub.

Okay now I just tried the link but it didn't work, got a "404 not found" message. But it is on the site, just go to the main page and look for the alloy rim wheels.
Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
I want an identical rim but 110mm from locknut to locknut... Damn skinny cranbrook rear.
1/ It may well be just a spacer that is removable and you can then change the axle for a shorter one too. A lot of (probably most) FW threaded hubs are built that way.
2/ It does say "many more wheels in stock than can be listed here" So they might have a narrower hub, although it is likely to not have the ISO disc mount (you want).
3/ You should definitely email them and ask.
4/ You can maybe just bend out the rear dropouts on your frame, it's not like it's a 4130 cro-moly BSX bike. ;)

I'm in the process of mounting a 54 tooth sprocket to a custommotoredbicycles.com free wheel. I didn't like the tiny 5mm screw holes so I drilled and tapped the hub 1/4-28NF. Lynn may or may not have in production the plate necessary to mount a drive sprocket. Doesn't matter to me, I'm making my own today.

I want an identical rim but 110mm from locknut to locknut... Damn skinny cranbrook rear.
Just put a oversized26×3.0 on my Cranny fit a lil funny but haven't rid it yet wanna measures the wire gauge on the tires first.

Sort of what Furry says, though not the drop outs. Lynn of CustomMotoredBicycles.com demonstrated on one of my visits. With a bike frame on it's side in her driveway, she put her foot on the lower junction of the seat and chain stays.
Grabbing the opposite side she hauled away and sprung the frame sections. I consider Lynn a petit lady, but I surely underestimated her power. I tried springing my Worksman frame and got nowhere, darn 4140 tubing is tough!
Tom from Rubicon

Back