friction drive cruiser

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by oldanintheway, Apr 5, 2009.

1. oldanintheway

oldanintheway New Member

Just finnished my old cruiser. The drive setup is from formula. Got the motor from Jerry thescooterguy. Runs great .I had to build my own throttle cable. Im building a drum front wheel for better stoppin cause this thing HAULS...Here is a coupla more pics with the new wheels. Got em done today...Now i can stop!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

sturdy looking machine you have there..... Nice!!

3. Nuttsy

Nuttsy Member

Details Please

Sturdy indeed!
    Talk to me about the tires. What kind; where to get; etc.
    What brand is the frame? Can't read the head badge. Looks to have on old Schwinn saddle? Plenty of room in that frame for all sorts of add-ons. Tank bag, fuel and water bottles. Some cheap caliper brakes in addition to the front drum just for backup. Any plans for lighting? Just for safety's sake.
    I like it. Always a soft spot in my heart for friction drives.
    WC

4. seanhan

seanhan Member

Nice Build

That Bike has some nice lines..
    Love the big tires !!!

5. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Nice,love the simplicity & low profile of the friction.

6. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

simple and direct to the point --- nice set up with plenty of gas a board

ride that sweet motor bike THING !!!

7. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

I like that fuel tank! I've been looking for something like that to mate up in exactly the same way to my friction rigs. Nice job! Can't wait to see what you do with it next.

8. oldanintheway

oldanintheway New Member

Hi Nuttsy.....The tires are maxis hookworms. you might have to look a bit but not too hard to find, maybee jenson usa...the frame is a later model 1996 schwinn with an american flyer headbadge. probably wont put anything more on the frame. I can carry whatever in the basket and that bladder tank holds alot of fuel. sure is smooth compared to my china bike...

9. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

nice bike.i need to get one of those gas tanks.

10. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

11. oldanintheway

oldanintheway New Member

fetor56...thats the tank....

12. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Thanks man...i've ordered the tank for my new friction build so now it's only a question of time....LOVE that waiting. :whistling:

13. pooja84

pooja84 Member

That's very good. It is really eye catching. Keep up the good work!!

14. D_Station

D_Station New Member

how do you stop your friction drive? is it just like a kill switch and then you use a hand break?

15. D_Station

D_Station New Member

also, nice bike btw

16. oldanintheway

oldanintheway New Member

d station....... sorry for the delay... the drive roller has a freewheel built in so i just let off the gas and the motor idles down and i brake as needed...

17. D_Station

D_Station New Member

ok, thanks alot, that was very helpful, i hope you are able to enjoy your awesome bike.