friction drive cruiser

Just finnished my old cruiser. The drive setup is from formula. Got the motor from Jerry thescooterguy. Runs great .I had to build my own throttle cable. Im building a drum front wheel for better stoppin cause this thing HAULS...Here is a coupla more pics with the new wheels. Got em done today...Now i can stop!!!!

Attachments

• DSCN0022.JPG
    DSCN0022.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,303
  • DSCN0023.jpg
    DSCN0023.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 491
  • DSCN0024.JPG
    DSCN0024.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 422
  • DSCN0025.jpg
    DSCN0025.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 328
  • latest 001.jpg
    latest 001.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 366
  • latest 002.jpg
    latest 002.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 377
  • latest 003.jpg
    latest 003.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
Details Please

Sturdy indeed!
Talk to me about the tires. What kind; where to get; etc.
What brand is the frame? Can't read the head badge. Looks to have on old Schwinn saddle? Plenty of room in that frame for all sorts of add-ons. Tank bag, fuel and water bottles. Some cheap caliper brakes in addition to the front drum just for backup. Any plans for lighting? Just for safety's sake.
I like it. Always a soft spot in my heart for friction drives.
WC

I like that fuel tank! I've been looking for something like that to mate up in exactly the same way to my friction rigs. Nice job! Can't wait to see what you do with it next.

Hi Nuttsy.....The tires are maxis hookworms. you might have to look a bit but not too hard to find, maybee jenson usa...the frame is a later model 1996 schwinn with an american flyer headbadge. probably wont put anything more on the frame. I can carry whatever in the basket and that bladder tank holds alot of fuel. sure is smooth compared to my china bike...

Back