Friction drive section ?

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by moondog, Oct 10, 2009.

1. moondog

moondog Member

How about a section for friction drive ? Friction drive can be mounted on the back or in the frame.

Thanks, Steve

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

There does seem to be a lot of friction-drive bikes here. Aren't most posting in the rack-mount section already? How does everyone else feel about the addition of this new forum?
  3. seanhan

seanhan Member

Is there

A Friction drive that is not rack mounted ???
    I haven't seen one.
  4. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Tom Bartlett's "Zip Cycle" is frame mounted, with a belt drive, to a friction wheel on the rear tire!~!
  5. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

6. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

at first I thought no but

at first I thought no but

why not get most frictions in one easy to find place ??

makes sense

7. Tom

Tom Active Member

Ok, I'll create the friction drive forum. However, if anyone has any reason that this forum should not be created, please speak now or forever hold your peace...
  8. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

One thing I've noticed in general on forums as they evolve is the call at times for more and more specialized pages.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't always seem a sound decision but rather a dilutive one, only making the mixture weaker and some dead zones.

Perhaps as a case in point it might do well to ponder the Recumbent page with the last post (as of this writing) 9/30 or the Powered Trikes page with the last post on 9/10.

Peeling off FD's from Rack-Mounted leaves......?
  9. moondog

moondog Member

Rack mounted belt and chain drives. I don't see them going away anytime soon.

Some friction drives are mounted on the front forks.
  10. Tom

Tom Active Member

11. moondog

moondog Member

Thanks Tom, that is friction drive headquarters ! ! !