Friction Roller Keeps Unscrewing

bobprobert

Local time
4:35 PM
so i have the 2 stroke friction drive kit from daemon bikes. well i fired it up for the first time today and it started right up but then died after a few seconds. i noticed the roller wheel was no longer spinning freely so i took the motor off and the roller was unscrewed. i screwed it back in as tight as i could then put the motor back on. it rolled freely until i started it back up and went for a test drive. the first test ride went to the end of the street and back and no problems. then i went around the block and when i got back same problem. i have taken it back apart yet but im sure it's unscrewed again. any advice?

Not familiar with the Daemon kit. How is the roller attached? Sounds like the engine is running backward or something.

Hmmm, looks like it should self tighten. Maybe it unscrews when the bike is moving faster than the engine. Locktite might help. Is there a possibility (or room) for a lock nut....like a regular nut but thinner. Probably go on after the drum, but even before the drum would help.

definitely no room for a nut on there. it seems to be unscrewing while it is idling from the vibration i guess. i will get some loktite tomorrow and see if that will hold and keep you posted

btw i am not impressed by the daemon kit. the throttle cable was about a foot and a half too short to reach the motor plus it was missing the elbow that screws into the twist grip and the cable was backwards to boot. cost me an extra 20 from the local scooter shop for a replacement. then the arm that the quick release screws into was missing the hole and had to borrow a buddys drill press to do it myself and now the problem with the roller. thats what i get for trying to save a few bucks i guess. once i get this one going i am selling it and getting a better kit

btw i am not impressed by the daemon kit. the throttle cable was about a foot and a half too short to reach the motor plus it was missing the elbow that screws into the twist grip and the cable was backwards to boot. cost me an extra 20 from the local scooter shop for a replacement. then the arm that the quick release screws into was missing the hole and had to borrow a buddys drill press to do it myself and now the problem with the roller. thats what i get for trying to save a few bucks i guess. once i get this one going i am selling it and getting a better kit

Good to know. I was wondering how those kits were. Saw them on EBay for a while noe. Good luck and may all your problems be small ones.

Back