From South Carolina

timharmon

Local time
10:46 PM
Been reading the forums for awhile and ordered a Boygofast 70cc kit for my mountain bike that I bought 20 years ago. Had close too 14,000 miles on it when I got me a newer Specialized Rockhopper a few years ago. I have cleaned it up, oiled and greased everything and have to get some new tires. It is an odd sort of moutain bike , it's a Muddy Fox, it has a skinny chrome molybdenum frame and was made by a british company, has mostly suntour components and is an ugly Richard Petty Blue... So I think that I have gleaned enough really good informaton about these kits from the forum to get this rolling next week.......Thanks Tim Harmon

After about 15 hours of working on this I will probably be selling the kit, chain will not stay on, crank arm strikes side of engine, can you bend an aluminum crank arm with out breaking it? Have not even gotten to installing carb or clutch cable , will give this another 8 hours before I ditch it..

After about 15 hours of working on this I will probably be selling the kit, chain will not stay on, crank arm strikes side of engine, can you bend an aluminum crank arm with out breaking it? Have not even gotten to installing carb or clutch cable , will give this another 8 hours before I ditch it..

Hang in there you'll figure it out.

cheers:)

Bob

Welcome. Where in S.C. ? You have to be pretty mechanical to install & keep the cheaper kits going. You get what you pay for !

Have everything installed, aligned and motor idling, motor mount stud fell out before I got a chance to ride, so I am waiting until I go to the city to get some all thread (6mm?) to make some more motor mount studs, made a mount to put the fuel tank on the rear rack, have some cables that need to be shortened, Black taped the wiring into wiring harness, want to shrink tube this also, and need to figure out a way have the fuel line routed to be a little bit neater, and try to find some better motor mount material too lessen some of the vibration, will put some new pictures up when I get the motor back on. I am in Branchville, SC

These bike kits are a mechanical experience. I am originally from Spartanburg, S.C

Finally got to ride today, a neighbor was looking at my engine mounting problem and brought me some valve cover bolts that he had from some late model Ford car that had these rubber insulators on them, had to cut some of a metal sleeve from them and add a few flat washers but got her locked down pretty good, put some pictures in my album. I have close to 30 hours of labor getting this installed, some of it due to my rusty wrenching skills, a lot of assembly and reassembly until I was happy with the fit (still not crazy about the clutch lever, and some of the cable lengths) runs faster than I will ever ride it and it is not even broken in yet.. A lot of work but I am pleased with the results.

Back