From TX

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sojudave, May 28, 2007.

1. sojudave

sojudave Guest

I've been thinking about building a motorized bike and eventually I found myself here. Thank you for letting me join your forum.

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

thank you for joining, sojudave...have fun. texas, huh? is it gonna be a BIG motoredbike? :lol:

welcome to MBc 8)
  3. sojudave

sojudave Guest

I would like to slap an old Sportster gas tank to it and maybe try to use a pocket bike engine or a 70cc kit from somewhere.
  4. OldPete

OldPete Guest

Lets see....At 100mpg a Sportster Bobber tank holding 2.2gal might get you 220 miles. That's along time in the saddle at < 40mph. :grin:
    Like 5.5 hours. Hahaha!

Welcome to this board. The fun has just started.
    You will find help and comfort here.
  5. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

welcome to MBc dave
  6. azbill

azbill Active Member

a pic of my 3.3gal tank mounted on a nirve deviate
    approx range of 500 miles
    :D :D :D
    welcome to MBc and enjoy the community we have here
  7. sojudave

sojudave Guest

that bike

is really cool. Your tank is a mustang right? The bike I'm going to use as a platform is a single speed beach cruiser. I was thinking that a Frisco mounted sporty tank would look pretty cool, and then use some upside down handlebars. I want to use a pull start engine for sure.
  8. azbill

azbill Active Member

I agree with you,I think a sporty tank would be sized much better for a cruiser
    Yes, I think it is called a mustang tank, I lucked out and scored it for $50 + $17 shipping on e-bay
  9. spunout

spunout Member

Welcome to MBc! 8) 8)
  10. sojudave

sojudave Guest

thanks. I hope to learn quit a bit and hopefully share some ideas too.
  11. OldPete

OldPete Guest

My first motorcycle at age 15. Chopper guys stole the tanks off Mustangs...Never got mine.
    The motor was a 300cc flathead. Note the carb & exhaust face the front. I forget the tire size. It did about 45mph.