From Universe to Multiverse... Are you ready?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sparky, Aug 23, 2009.

1. sparky

sparky Active Member

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the Combustion Chamber or not, but it might make too many people's minds explode, so here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rg3uNrI8tE

My favorite comment from Youtube...
    And more information on the LISA project...

http://lisa.nasa.gov/

2. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

It took us thousands of years to populate the earth.what the **** good is all that vastness out there?If you left now at the speed of light,you would be dead before you got half way across the our solar system.I dont think thats gods plan for us.

But if you wanna try spankster im not gonna stop you.who knows,if your lucky maybe your kids kids will be able to take a shi t on a planet made of hellium or something.

3. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

eastwood, learn some absolutely basic physics. The orbit of Pluto is commonly considered the borderline of Sol system, and at its furthest point from the sun it is about 400 minutes from Sol at light speed. So, no, you wouldn't be dead before getting halfway there at the speed of light. You'd just be three hours 40 minutes older - or if Einstein is correct (the evidence says he is), no older at all.

Heck, the Alpha Centauri system is only 4.37 lihjt years from us. The problem with your argument is that it rejects knowledge about our universe. Be it either a special creation of God, or the result of some as yet unknown "natural" process, learning about it would seem reasonable. If you are a christian, as I believe you see yourself as, it would seem to me that your God created you in his image - curiosity and need to understand and all.

4. Zev0

Zev0 Member

I'm a Christian, and I cannot believe that all the universes and solar systems are out there for no reason. Heck, I'm bold enough to say the perhaps God IS an alien. That said, it does not make my faith any less. God is God, no matter what form he's in for us lowly humans.

5. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Sorry, 6 hrs 40 minutes.

6. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

yeah i thought about doing some searching and getting the numbers right.I guess i was reffering to our galaxi.however my point still stands.

as far as im conserned,if it took us thousands of years to populate earth,how long will it take to populate our universe let alone a multiverse?I dont think theres to much to find right here in our solar system yet we cant even hardly get out there and explore it.

its pretty special what we just happend to whined up with here on our little earth.yet you refuse to be opend minded to the possibility that a higher being created it.

can you get your space machine running before the next meteor hits?