front mount gebe

first bike, bianchi single w/ disc. added the 5 gal bucket for haulin and it balanced the engine wt nicely. got tired of the ring moving about, so went to another system, but clamping on each spoke is mentioned here and that sound like the perfect fix for the problem. w.

1582_P1010209_1.jpg

1582_P1010221_1.jpg

Me no like, too much weight on the front end=slow steering and the noise/exhaust in the face. How is that livable? :?
Drilling a hole in the front forks? YIKES! :eek:

I like the bike but the seat post does seem a bit long.

Ol' Pete said:
Me no like, too much weight on the front end=slow steering and the noise/exhaust in the face. How is that livable? :?
Drilling a hole in the front forks? YIKES! :eek:

I like the bike but the seat post does seem a bit long.

There's that old saying, "Nobody likes to be told their baby's ugly." :/

i think its an interesting set-up 8) , and if it works for you, thats all that matters ;) :mrgreen:

Nice! Two water bottle holders. I thought I was the only one who did that on my old bicycle... Well... I actually have 4, two more specially mounted to the top and on the seatpost.

Anyways, if it gets you around that's all that matters. Sooner or later you will want to build a new bike with some style. :D

bicycles or motorcycles

:???: hmmm. i'm getting the distinct feeling that many posters here don't actually ride bicycles for excercise and wish their bikes to be a type of motorcycle. the seatpost extension is anatomically correct for my leg length and cleated shoe for proper and efficient cycling. having competed for years in events and spent thousands of hours in the saddle on NONmotorized bicycles, a motorized bike is just to get me home faster after working a 12h shift 18 miles from home. if the seat is very low, i could not assist properly. the 25cc zenoah with the muffler you see is so quiet it is no bother at all and a 50:1 synthetic oil mix you can only smell in a enclosed space and cannot even see! all these 2stroke chinese engines are extremely polluting, and that is not my opinion, that is a fact! just watch the blue smoke pour!! i bought one and felt too guilty to run it. the bike handles better with wt. in the front. ever notice how touring cyclist are loaded heavier in the front?? having a light front end makes the steering unstable. look closer; there is no holes in the fork, are you kidding?? it's only clamps. the engine mounts are mounted to the fork blades with a very small allen bolt and the quck release mech. any other comments will be pm'd. w.

Re: bicycles or motorcycles

wes said:
:???: hmmm. i'm getting the distinct feeling that many posters here don't actually ride bicycles for excercise and wish their bikes to be a type of motorcycle. the seatpost extension is anatomically correct for my leg length and cleated shoe for proper and efficient cycling. having competed for years in events and spent thousands of hours in the saddle on NONmotorized bicycles, a motorized bike is just to get me home faster after working a 12h shift 18 miles from home. if the seat is very low, i could not assist properly. the 25cc zenoah with the muffler you see is so quiet it is no bother at all and a 50:1 synthetic oil mix you can only smell in a enclosed space and cannot even see! all these 2stroke chinese engines are extremely polluting, and that is not my opinion, that is a fact! just watch the blue smoke pour!! i bought one and felt too guilty to run it. the bike handles better with wt. in the front. ever notice how touring cyclist are loaded heavier in the front?? having a light front end makes the steering unstable. look closer; there is no holes in the fork, are you kidding?? it's only clamps. the engine mounts are mounted to the fork blades with a very small allen bolt and the quck release mech. any other comments will be pm'd. w.

I knew why the seat was so high, I also rode bicycles for excercise. And the feeling you have is correct. This forum is not about standard bicycles, that's why we are Motoredbikes.com. We rarely pedal our bikes, if only to get them started. Mine doesn't even have pedals. Plus, our chinese 2 strokes rarely, if ever, smoke with the new modern oil.

We (or least I) Respect your views about riding a bike for excercise and use the motor as it should be, a pedal assist. But most of us don't. Our seats are low, our pedals don't drive the bikes, and we get along just fine.

No ones trying to put you down, but if you look at the Gallery and the pictures of other members bikes, you can see why we're not so accustomed to seeing bicycles like yours.

i also knew about why the seat's like it is...i have mine setup for easy pedaling, too, as part of the intended final appearance of my motor-assisted-bicycle.

i may try hard to not ever have to pedal, but i'm no stranger to foot power, having ridden for years (some pretty technical stuff on missouri trails, too) before motorizing. yesterday, i pedaled 6 miles with quay's fiance, they're still waiting for delivery of their 70, but that wasn't gonna stop us from enjoying the beach, which we did in fine style.

i like all the bikes here as individual statements and diverse examples of where this "hobby" can take you. i've never seen a negative reply inside "picture gallery-show off your bike" before, not in over 100 galleries...i hope i never see another one. pic galleries are personal threads where members share their bikes with the community, & the perfect place to keep your mouth shut if you don't have anything nice to say. there are other more appropriate places at MBc to discuss/debate style & method.

so, wes, "one" is not "many"...opinions vary, yes, but respect for individual style is a constant at MBc.

sincerely...if you like your motoredbike, then i like your motoredbike. specifically, i like how you mixed a bit of boardtracker in there...thanks for showing her off 8)

Joseph Is right, a bike setup for your particular interest is just fine. That is what also adds interest for me. Ol' Pete is is probably just that, like me, old ( don't know what happened??? I woke up one morning and I was REALLY old ). Sometimes we see thing a little different and it seems Pete was thinking about safety just as I was, but you explained it away very well and set us straight.

One of the first posts I put on this forum was was ripped apart by a very rude person who stated more than he really knew. Those things are going to happen. It seems, one for the hardest chores is getting along with each other. My wife of 50 years can tell you that, I mean she can really tell you that. I can't tell you how many times I have put my foot in my mouth and have been straightened in no uncertain terms.

This is a good forum, Many of us respect the effort being made to keep it going and interesting.

hey, i can misinterpret & overreact with the best of 'em :p :p

i'm sure no harm or offense was intended :)

i happened to be on the phone with rif (uncle_punk) when i first saw wes's bike...he quickly assured me that front racks are surprisingly stable & that the "pull" of front-drive is a different ride, but that it's great for a commuter situation. i'd wager the front disc is a big plus, too 8)

Lord have mercy! I did not say the baby was fugly. :)

I can see now that the forks were not drilled...OK.
Yes, loading up the front end is very important and hard to do with most single track vehicals of short wheel base.
I have riden bicycles as well as motorcycles most of my life but never considered myself a cyclist. A 50 mile day on a pedal bike was always a long day for me. :D
Most of the bicycles I've owned were NOT small framed, so I never needed a long seat post. I was told long seat posts can work the frame hard because of the leverage they offer.
Small frames also dictate an extended steering stem for a tall rider to stretch out.

I'm a very good mechanic and look at the world with a wrench turners eyes. :cool: No harm was or is meant.

Back