Front Shifter Delete?

scubaru89

Local time
10:02 PM
I am using a cheaper bike for my MB and now that I have had it running a few weeks and everything is starting to seat and set into place I want to start to clean it up. My bike has those annoying rotating gear adjusters and with the new handles, throttle, killswitch, clutch lever, and old brake levers my handle bars are starting to look like flight controls, and the mess of cables infront of that is even worse.

I'm looking for a method to pinch off or otherwise take off the shifter assemble and leave the de-railer for the front gears, and manage to keep it in 2nd gear. Ideas?

Why would you want to delete the front shifter.
You need the front shifter to be able to operate the Tetra Chain Wheel System on the SickBikeParts shift kit...

Why would you want to delete the front shifter.
You need the front shifter to be able to operate the Tetra Chain Wheel System on the SickBikeParts shift kit...

It won't be a permanent delete, just something to take the front shifter off for now. I will still keep the shifter for my rear set of gears as I do need that for pedaling.

You need the front shifter to change to alternate front chain rings with the Tetra Chainwheel setup, otherwise you can't have your low range gears to pull a Ford F350 out of a mud pit, and we "all" require the capability to engage low range 1st gear and pull a Ford F350 out of a mud pit.

You need the front shifter to change to alternate front chain rings with the Tetra Chainwheel setup, otherwise you can't have your low range gears to pull a Ford F350 out of a mud pit, and we "all" require the capability to engage low range 1st gear and pull a Ford F350 out of a mud pit.

I am aiming for non permanent, meaning if I do the shift kit I can go back to having the shifter again.

Don't even bother about trying to run the single speed system supplied with the standard kit. It isn't worth a crumpet.

Just order the SickBikeParts shift kit - you will be so glad that you did!

Don't even bother about trying to run the single speed system supplied with the standard kit. It isn't worth a crumpet.

Just order the SickBikeParts shift kit - you will be so glad that you did!

I've already had the cops stop me once to see the bike and see if its legal. The one thing he noticed is that I was using a single driven gear system. Which would fall under an automatic transmission.

I want the shift kit so bad though!

The shift kit is a good thing. I don't know how people were able to live and function in society before it was designed and made available to the public.

Back