front springer fork for Schwinn

Discussion in 'Bicycle Repair' started by miketaco, May 4, 2015.

1. miketaco

miketaco Member

Last edited: May 4, 2015

2. butre

butre Well-Known Member

that bike has a 1 inch threaded headset and needs a fork with a steerer tube to match

http://www.monarkforks.com/monark/ you want the type 1. you can also get disc brake adapters for it if you ever want to stop the thing properly.

miketaco likes this.
  3. miketaco

miketaco Member

4. butre

butre Well-Known Member

those things look good but they break easily. forks are one of those things you shouldn't skimp on, especially on a motorized bicycle.

miketaco likes this.
  5. miketaco

miketaco Member

yea i know and understand but this bike is just a cruiser the bike it self is a cheapy those forks cost more than my bike bro i just wanted to see if i can get a more vintage style look not hd quality they look nice tho

and im not trying to be rude or anything i just cant afford stuff like that for now.. like i said just a cruiser and always thank you for the input

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  6. butre

butre Well-Known Member

if you can't afford good forks, you should stick with the ones you've got.

miketaco likes this.
  7. miketaco

miketaco Member

damn the price for lookin good ...guess i should invest in a helmet with those forks xD

8. RumblingV8

RumblingV8 Member

What breaks, exactly?

miketaco likes this.
  9. butre

butre Well-Known Member

they tend to cave in on themselves. the original schwinn ones are fine, the reproduction ones are a deathtrap. they're just not built to handle the extra weight and speed a motorized bicycle is subjected to

miketaco likes this.
  10. trekcolencc1701

trekcolencc1701 New Member

No, not true in all cases, it just depends if you buy a cheap Chinese one, compared to a forged steel, or aluminum one, I would not judge all of them, as you said my 69 Panther II one is fine

11. 45u

45u Active Member

I just bought a Schwinn that came with a springer fork. Will keep an I on it and see how it holds up. Just recevied it yesterday put it together but have not installed the motor kit yet.

[​IMG]