Frustrated in New Orleans

so I'm supposed to walk around with a piece of cardboard in one hand , and a tape measure in the other, iso a bike that will fit? surely there must be a better way

No tape measure needed.... just do what you want to do since you must have a better way. Sorry I even suggested anything to you.

Reading your introductory post, there seems to be an issue with you posting the correct info in the correct forum.
I did not even see a hello.

first of all, NONE of these engines kits are "plug & play".
you will have to modify something somewhere along the line to make everything work / fit.
if you are not able to understand any of this, don't waste your time buying an engine kit, because you will be one of those guys that complains that it's a peice of junk when it ends up not fitting or working right.
a good installation, and correct installation is 50% of having a GOOD motorized bike.

Reading your introductory post, there seems to be an issue with you posting the correct info in the correct forum.
I did not even see a hello.

Stan, I think HE has a issue with himself..... Members will remember him, I know I will. Hope he knows how to use the search function, as that is all the help he'll get from me with his attitude.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=29303

I suggest getting a friend to help, and learn some basic mechanic skills. You'll need those skills to keep you bike in running order. These bikes don't just break down, they will fall apart if you don't know what your doing.

Wanting it right now ,With limited skills... not a good mix, read,read,and read some more.Patience grasshopper.

yeah, I agree... in order to get your bike running you're gonna have to be ready to modify all sorts of things... in order to get mine running right I have a chopped air filter, tweaked carb mount, longer replacement bolts in a bunch of engine mounts, exhaust mod, tensioner shims, etc, not to mention the host of other custom touches that make my bike one of a kind and a joy to ride. Owning a motorized bike is all about making it work for you, and continually keeping your ride in top shape- this requires time, energy, commitment, and, above all, creativity out the whazoo... It's best to make up your mind to enjoy the process from the start or it'll probably just drive you crazy!

so I'm supposed to walk around with a piece of cardboard in one hand , and a tape measure in the other, iso a bike that will fit? surely there must be a better way

That cardboard template is a GREAT idea!:unsure:

It beats walking around with the engine itself, lol.

And I'm sure I'm not the ONLY guy who did that, lol.:whistle:

you wanted something simple... sounds like a danged simple idea to me.
it's simple? walk around, measuring, hoping to find a bike that will even remotely fit...then, *if* you find one, *then* you have to order a mount, and wait, and a few weeks later, when it arrives, you can (hopefully) proceed to the next stage (which will, no doubt, require ordering more parts, waiting, etc etc)....face it, installing a gas engine on a bicycle isn't for laypeople, it's something that only a "gearhead" should even attempt

Back