FS: new 49cc 2-stroke with problems

complete disclosure:

what i have is a 49cc (i believe actually 52cc) 2-stroke scooter engine w/electric start. i wasn't gonna use the starter but wanted the DC output (7.8v @ idle, 30+v @ speed)...it has less than 20 miles on it.

truly, it starts & runs very nicely, but we had some quality-control issues i'd rather not deal with...see this topic, at the end of it i give some details about this specific engine: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=19457

i've fixed the starter-pawl, and received a new muffler, pull-start, and spark plug from the seller. the crank-bearing seal on the clutch side has a "bulge" in it, so it leaks. the seal is available, and this is a relatively easy fix for someone with the tools & interest.

complete including exhaust gasket & hardware not shown, but as is: $75.00 plus priority postage to your location.

augidog@netzero.com

Attachments

• Mvc-012f.jpg
    Mvc-012f.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 221
almost new with upgraded parts , do you think the seal needs to be replaced or just seated properly , it leeks oil but the motor starts and runs OK ? then there must be enough case pressure to be good then . i think that's a great deal . brb . may have to claim that as mine .

i think the seal is permanently damaged but only seeping. yup, it starts & runs fine.

Back