Fuel Filter-- my dog ate it

Edalji

Local time
6:53 PM
Seriously, the fuel line was the last thing I had to do, and I put it off till this morning, only to find out that my freakin' dog thought he'd use the filter as a chew toy.:eek: Suggestions where I should go to get a new one? I have a Powerking 80cc engine.

Thanks- Edalji

I myself would not even try to put gas into the tank without getting another filter. You end up with one tiny piece of dirt in your carb and you will be messing around for hours.
Spend the five bucks!

Auto parts store. Bring your fuel line cause the common ones are too large. There should be a nice clear one that would work nicely. Remember these only go one way. I had installed mine upside down and had fuel problems!

My local NAPA autoparts have inline filters around $2.00

Autozone & others are about $5.00

note.... on some kits, the fuel line is too small &/ or junky. go ahead & buy a piece of 1/4" I.D. black fuel line. It will last forever!! (<---- IMO)

If you're replacing fuel lines, I'd recommend using Tygon. It is probably the most fuel resistant line there is, and it is transparent as well.

An excellent source is: http://mowers4u.com/

They carry mostly fuel system parts for small engines, including kits and primer bulbs for Walbro carbs and in tank filters. Their site is a little hard to navigate with nonworking links and such, but they do have excellent prices. I have purchased numerous parts from them and have always had excellent service. They answer questions too.

Lastly, their shipping charges are also very reasonable!

Last edited:
Any motorbike shop/autoparts shop/mower shop,sells them......spend the $'s and get a descent quality one,atleast better than the standard HT filter.

Back