Engine Trouble Fuel system Problems

JustinJHCSchubert

Local time
10:24 AM
Ok from the factory kit 49cc
Assembled the Kit and Followed the Instructions Such as there was.
I cannot get my engine to Idle without the choke at 10 to 20% and I adjusted the Bleed screw the way they say Twist all the way in then back off 4 and 1/2 turns. it still will not Idle with the throttle closed.:confused: My Kit had a Poorly made cylinder Head and the Plug will not screw down straight. though it still seals I just had to make the plug tighter. I might have to get it re-machined... but it still works Do I have an Air Bleed problem? Ill start it today and see if I can effect the Idle by spraying the engine with Varsole. I also did a 65ml to 1L (16:1) so called but the Math I did put it out to 61.5mL/L Is the Bad engine performance directly related to Oil to gas ratio? combustion restriction or should I Re-gap my spark or get a Better Hotter Plug. I am confused I payed 315.00CND for this Kit so it should Work out of the Box right?

I'd check that plug & head since it sounds like you may have cross threaded it and then may have stripped thread debris in your motor..

You should mention what kind of carb you have, but idle screw is usually adjusted to where the engine will idle.

I did check the plug and hole no signs of cross threading.could my plug gap be too wide? when it cools ill check it again I tried 32:1 in a 4.7 L container and no power first I made up 1L at 16:1 they say it is 65mL/1L and could take off well, I went with every ones suggestion. Now i have no power and the motor will Idle but it has no power and my smoke is white. I am going back to what the manufacture suggests.
Bike_Motor2_164212[1].jpg

Attachments

• Bike_Motor_Installed[1].jpg
    Bike_Motor_Installed[1].jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 187
  • Sprocket1[1].jpg
    Sprocket1[1].jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Sprocket2[1].jpg
    Sprocket2[1].jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 177
Plug2[1].jpgHead_Sparkplug_Hole1[1].jpgI did check the plug and hole no signs of cross threading.could my plug gap be too wide? when it cools ill check it again I tried 32:1 in a 4.7 L container and no power first I made up 1L at 16:1 they say it is 65mL/1L and could take off well, I went with every ones suggestion. Now i have no power and the motor will Idle but it has no power and my smoke is white. I am going back to what the manufacture suggests.
View attachment 54657Here is the Plug and Hole20141101_135756[1].jpg20141101_135749[1].jpg

Too rich ...

cylinder/rings one of the two or both,remove the head and look it over but before that try getting it to run on a correct mixture if your sure it's correct than you need rings at the very least...

Is that an afternarmarket head that you replaced the stock head with? If so, try putting your stock head back on and I bet you'll be running just fine.

You shouldn't have all that oil around the hole for the plug. If there's that much blow by around the plug then you're lacking enough compression to run properly. That was my fist though when you started off saying the plug didn't seem to fit properly.

yes, clean everything well, then look for oil showing up at the spark plug seat, at the bottom of the head, at the bottom of the cylinder, and along the seam between case halves - any oil there means you're losing compression

if that is all good, then do a google for "4-stroking" and you'll find some info and a video that has what 4-stroking sounds like - you may need to adjust your carb to get 32:1 to run well

BTW, if you have less than 50 miles on the motor, you might just want to wait a while till in runs in a bit more

the kit came this way and I have 7Km on the motor to test it I ran 16:1 65mL for 1L then ran the engine it ran well but there was a lack of power. I was told by people on this forum that 16:1 was too high in oil and it should be 32:1 so I switched and this is when I started to have problems I think i might have an air leak on the carb so i tightened it I then tightened the plug another quarter turn and solved my compression issue. I think the engine is not getting enough oil now so I am going back to 16:1 65mL Until I hit 200kM

the rings aren't 'gone', they just need time to run in a bit to make good seats for themselves - 100 miles is when they usually start to run good, but over the next 200 miles they get even better

Back