Full suspension bikes compatible with happytime motor/SBP shift kit

Anyone know how much rear travel the marin or the manitou have? the design doesnt look like you would get much especially after a jackshaft is put behind the seat post.

Edit: I guess it does hing at the same point as the others but it just looks like an inferior design to me. excellent Thread too.

Last edited:
Wanted to bring this back to the top of the list. Might help with my next build if I can locate one reasonably priced!

If you're looking for a GT LTS, I got one. I was getting it all nice to install the kit.. and then I just bought my first car. This is going to have to be a project for sometime down the line. Anyways, it's got custom CNC machined shock mounts in the back to fit an upgraded shock. There's an air shock in there now, but it leaks. Also have some rockshock dart forks on the front, but I never bothered getting the brakes hooked up. Let me know if you're interested.

All the GT LTS bikes I can find in hawaii are in the $1k range :( Way over my cheap budget! I want to build an off-roader next, but might just end up with a cheap dirt bike instead :)

Kent CS full suspension

My son and I built one on this bike. Worked well but it needed autotensioner on chainring chain as there is no room to move the motor up and down to adjust it. This bike rides like a motor cycle. projectfsjs1.jpgfsjs2.jpg:D

Last edited:
Auto Tensioner

Very interested in the tensioner you fabricated.Would you mind giving me some help on how to make.Looks simple but effective.Just finished my first bike with shift kit.
Thanks

Attachments

• Bicycle Speedo & Tacho   3.JPG
    Bicycle Speedo & Tacho 3.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 685
  • Bicycle Speedo & Tacho   5.JPG
    Bicycle Speedo & Tacho 5.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 555
  • SBP Chain Tensioner - 20.JPG
    SBP Chain Tensioner - 20.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 968
  • SBP Chain Tensioner - 23.JPG
    SBP Chain Tensioner - 23.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 616
Last edited:
I took the "HT kit" tensioner. cut off the part that goes around the frame. made the slot alittle longer. Trimed one side so the slotted bar would fit on to the bottom clamp of the SBP sift kit. Then I welded the piece I cut off back on to the sloted piece to make the pivot point for the swing arm. It adjusts in and out, The arm was made from1 1/2 3/16 strap. Spring is attached by drilling a small hole in tensioner swingarm and one in the SBP kit right side bearing plate. Simple to do if you weld and have a Dremel tool.

Attachments

• Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 637
  • Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:
Thanks guys for ideas on tensioners.That's was so great about this forum.People such as yourselves sharing ideas collectively.Sure amounts to a wealth of knowledge for everyone.And the best part is a lot of these ideas are carried out with what's on hand and a lot of ingenuity.

Back