Full suspention pushtrailer

KeyWest

Local time
11:17 PM
Full suspension push trailer

This is a lot of fun my son gave me the ok to cut up his minibike,check it out let me know what do you think.It is a 49cc I think with pull start and auto transmission.rides nice I like it thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 941
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 782
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 733
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 847
Last edited:
Looks good. I thought about using a bike shock like that. How is it working out for you? Most of those shocks are pretty stiff so i wasn't sure how much good it would be. How do you like it? Lets see some vids of it pushing.

I used a minibike frame I think that it is heavy for that small engine, it pushes me at about 20 mph, the pusher is very stable My thinking was that the shock would take care of the up & down movment I have the shock set to the lightest setting for the most shock play up and down.on the seat post side it can only move side to side I used a head tube front fork for that.It works for small grades like driveways and speed bumps, allso having a full suspension bike helps. I think for this heavy duity trialer it really needs more power mybe the H.F. Engine will be in the works.

The HF 6.5 should be more then enough for you and the trailer weight. But you will be over the legal limits if you don't mind trying to smooth talk your way out of it if you happened to get stopped. I would think the 50 would be kinda small unless modded. You could try a 2.5 HF degoved which im sure would put out more then the 50cc and be closer to the legal limit.

The problem with the trailers is the skip when at higher speeds. Suspension would help if it wasn't to stiff in which most shocks would probably be unless weighed down with gear but then you lose power. You can also change the shock angle to get different shock performance adjustments also

creative minds think alike lol. need to get the trailer going I was online and there are way tons of motor upgrades available for the dio 50 engine I can big bore it up to 125 cc and stroker crank it wow it would be way sick fast def deadly..

The egine that I have on mine now will push me at 20 mph. That's pretty good for a 49cc engine. Anyone now about what speed gains the H. F. 2.5 would get me ??? I will be saving up for it. Thanks

I rode this trailer H.F.2.5 HP with the govenor removed yesterday, had it at 30.9mph on flat ground . The unit plus bike is very light though. It does have lots of grunt, It will push at 20mph up a steep incline and not slow down. Reynolds Weld Lab Derry N.H. put it together.

Attachments

• Untitled 0 00 37-10.jpg
    Untitled 0 00 37-10.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 754
  • Untitled 0 00 49-21.jpg
    Untitled 0 00 49-21.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 677
RusticoRay,
thanks for the pics of that H.F. trailer ? what size sprocket on drive wheel and do you have any pics of the hitch.Was that 30.9 wide open throtle. thanks

KeyWest,
If you PM an email address I could give ya a flip video of trailer I took last week. I pulled the pics from video. The drive wheel is ten inch the sprocket is a 35 chain I dont know the size of sprocket right now but I will find out . The hitch is a piece of stock bent to match roll of rear fender and attatched to the seat post. Flat ground wide open throttle.Standard MaxTorque 5/8" 35 chain centrifical clutch on the motor. 30 MPH on a push trailer is plenty, plenty for a bicycle also. The real value with that motor becides the price is the torque. It will climb hills.

Redone My Push Trailer

this one should have a little more attitude H.F. Greyhound 2.5 jackshaft setup.It will be on the road soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1313.jpg
    IMG_1313.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 684
  • IMG_1314.jpg
    IMG_1314.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_1315.jpg
    IMG_1315.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_1316.jpg
    IMG_1316.jpg