fun with police

You all know these bikes scream "look at me". It's so fun to see little kids say wow or sweet.
That morning my first ride took me by a barber shop that had a baby blue western flyer out front. The barber came out and asked me to bring my bike in the barber shop while he was working so I could explain about the bike.
I said it'll smell up the place with exhaust, he didn't care.

Augi, if you look on the passenger side of the fire truck's front bumper you'll see the bell and it has your eagle on it (a lot bigger). I'll run by the station again and see if I can get a better shot.

In the last picture, they are showing a device thatbraces in the corner of the door frame and pushes up on the dash. Dude it just folded the front of the car down.
Keep an eye out to see when you local police and fire depts hold some kind of open house. I know the motor cycle cops have a rally comming up soon. Plus the cops are in a good mood because they get to show off thier toys. You should have see four Harley riding cops doing a figure 8 around all those pylons all at the same time

Thanks for all the compliments. Like I said, it's easy because these bikes sell themselves.

I added the off topic picture of the car being destroyed. I know that what some of us feel like doing to cagers now and then. Besides tearing stuff up is fun.

Attachments

• IMG_0484.JPG
    IMG_0484.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0496.JPG
    IMG_0496.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0495.JPG
    IMG_0495.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0498.JPG
    IMG_0498.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 314
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Scott....everywhere I ride people look and ask questions. I was parked on the sidewalk when a bunch of 1st graders were walking by with the teacher..they were all gawking and he was the first to say " Did you make that" ?

hey larymor i get those same questions, ( did u make that ) i just say thats dax.com, but a cop did get me for riding at night with no light he was like hey do u have lights i said no hes like u cant ride that then , i was like ik thats y i was peddling i dont ride with my engine at night then the cop says 15 mitutes ago i saw u blast through the intersection lmao, i was gonna get smart and say y dont u need a light on ure horse lmao.

huh...i know if that's how i handled the police i probably wouldn't enjoy the indifference i do now :confused:

i know scott would have been chased away from the open-house if he was acting like that where he rides :confused::confused:

i know the next time your cop encounters a motoredbiker he won't be near so nice about things :confused::confused::confused:

i guess i'm saying...why would you want to drag this good-news topic down with that carp?

folks: i'm seeing the trend to go off-topic becoming prevelant again...if you don't have something to say to the original poster or about the original topic, don't say anything at all. someone said in another thread: "pretend we're face to face...then decide if you really want to say that." if someone visited my garage and bragged about teasing cops, i'd send them packing :(

DPS stands for Department of Public Safety. The laws in place are enforced are to keep us safe, from others and our selves. Imagine going to work every morning or night and not knowing what kind of day you will have. You never know when the next car you pull over if the person is going to be curteous , rude or shoot you in the face. Police deserve our respect, how much would you want to be paid for putting up with all the **** these guys and gals go through.
No cop wants to respond to a bicyclist (motored or otherwise) mangled and smeared across an intersection becuase he or she was being reckless and was invisible in the dark to cars who are not looking for tiny 30mph projectiles.
I got my degree in law enforcement and criminal justice. I realized I did not have the guts to investigate abused children, homicides, fatal car accidents...... only to have the public ***** about me and the media make me look like the bad guy.

Be safe, follow the rules of the road, be safe, keep motored bikes on the good side of the law from the start. Be safe.

And Yeah I made it, isn't it cool.

Scott,
Out here where the wind blows, DPS sends their younger troopers to get seasoned. They have one here that chased me down to look at my bike. Sorta strange to have him hit the sireen and look back and see the red and blues. My wild and wooly days are WAYYYYY behind me and besides, where I live, you just pull over. Guy comes up and tells me he has seen the bike in town and just wanted a closer look if I didn't mind. He is about 24-25, you know the type. A kid really. Anyway we do the, how big is the engine, how fast does it go, where did I get it. I told him about the site and I bet before spring he has one. See him at coffee in the morinings and he is always Mornin MR XXX. Hows the bike. You know small town stuff. Maybe not like the rest of the world, but that is why I live here. Looks like you had a good time. And you were doing great PR. Thanks

the only problem with cops is them telling me to put the baffle back on cuz i was keeping people up with it the first week riding around till 12:00-2:00 am and people couldnt sleep other than that theyve only said good things

We do not want to hear police or regular citizens encounter negative experiences with our hobby/commute option. That doesn't mean don't tell us about it, it means DON'T DO IT! Most of us here count on these bikes for our commutes to work or for travelling around and enjoying nature. Yes there is an element of excitement riding on a bike that can go 30+ mph, but don't be reckless or loud, or disrespectful because you will see the police and other folks rallying against "dangerous modified bikes" if you do.

Not to mention, a worst case scenario, either you get killed on it being reckless or you kill or seriously injure someone else. Then it will be on the nightly news, with the news correspondents asking city officials how they are going to address these "dangerous" vehicles. That's how it all gets started.

Also, I have two mufflers now, one with the baffle and one without. I use the one without for long rides on the main roads since it's louder, and I use the baffled muffler for just riding around the neighborhood areas.

Most of this is common sense. It's fun to get attention, but not negative attention.

all it takes is one person to do something the 'powers that be' don't like and they will ban/heavily regulate your ride (remember mopeds in the 70's?)
is it worth it?...I think not !!!
you are the ambassador of motoredbikes in your area...make their first impression of mb's a good one

Back