Gas bike problems

Liam

Local time
8:55 PM
I just finished building my 80cc bike. When I tried to peddle, it felt like it was stuck. I couldn't peddle the bike and it sounded like the motor was trying to start. I did some research and it mainly said to tighten the clutch. I did that but it still doesn't peddle. Any suggestions...

when one pulls the clutch lever, the motor should be completely unhooked from wheels - a new clutch will sometimes be stuck closed and need a gentle tap from a hammer on the clutch basket while the lever is pulled to free itself

So will that let me peddle freely without trying to start the motor crassius

Will that make the clutch work and then when you pull it you will be able to peddle freely

Will that make the clutch work and then when you pull it you will be able to peddle freely
Yes The clutch on a new engine is usually frozen, before you put the motor on you free it up with a hammer and pin but if it is already installed on the bike then you should be able to just pull in the clutch and roll the bike backwards. It will take probably about 10 feet of backwards rolling to free it up, you will feel resistance but when the bike starts rolling freely then your good.

I tried that and it didn't work. Did I do something wrong while doing it

I felt resistance while pushing the bike backwards while still pulling the clutch in. I did it for about 10 or 15 feet. After that I still couldn't peddle

Back