Gas leak at thread bolt

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by deercrossing, Jun 5, 2007.

1. deercrossing

deercrossing Guest

The tank has four thread bolts coming out of the tank so the tank can be tightend down. I have a leak coming from the bead joint where the bolt was jointed to the tank. Any ideas how to fix and has anyone found a bigger better tank I can purchase? Thanks!

2. bigger better tank

I have Whizzer tanks in stock 1.2 gallon TOP mounted, far better tank than any of the Chinese tanks I've handled over that last 7 years or so, Mike

3. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

try J B Weld...Tank sealer will cost to much for a small fix like that.....

P.S. Mike How about a price on the 1.2gal tanks?

4. OldPete

OldPete Guest

As per augi, we best do that via PM loco. :cool:

5. I second the notion of a JB Weld repair!

When I was in high school, I had a brokedick old Yamaha
    250cc motorcycle, and it's gastank leaked like a seive when
    I first got it. I JB Welded it up real good on the outside, and
    it was good to go!

8)

6. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

yes please lets do so :razz:

7. deercrossing

deercrossing Guest

J B Weld for the tank leak

Thanks for the info about the J B Weld stuff. I am putting a second coat of the JB on now. As of this writing it seems to be a great fix. I have not put the gas cap on tight yet. I want to give the weld a chance to cure good before I put presure on the tank. I have looked to invest in a gal. tank. I wonder how the bike balances with the full gal. tank full of gas? I also used carpet padding under the tank. A real good fit.

P. S. The DAX'S engine I have has run real good and the change of spark plug I feel has really helped on the hill power. I bought the plug that was recommended posted on this site. The Champion plug #L86C, has been great. The threaded part of the plug is somewhat longer than the DAX'S kit plug. what differerence this makes I don't know.

Thanks for all the great info. You want to use the engine to hot rod or go faster buy a motorcycle.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: J B Weld for the tank leak

You may want to remove the plug once in awhile so carbon doesn't build up on the threads where they go into the cylinder.

I second the second part of what you said!