Gas mileage

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by pianoman8t8, Jan 30, 2007.

1. pianoman8t8

pianoman8t8 Guest

Just out of curiousity, what are you guys with 70cc chinese engines getting for gas milage? (isn't the 80cc & 70cc chinese engines the same thing?)
    Thnx

-Ryan-

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

duane from dax posted something about the howell "70" and why they call it that instead of an "80"...anyone know where it is?

ok, providing my anolog odometer is accurate...

i have .33 gal tonite, after 200 miles this is my first tank at 40:1

od reading: 204.4

i'll let it run dry and come back to this topic with a number.

3. Blaze

Blaze Guest

Good topic. I've been curious about that myself, but I don't usually ride far enough to really measure the mileage. I'll have to take it on a longer drive some day just to check mileage.

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

well, considering i've been watching the drip of the faulty petcock all evening, i'm not your guy. when i get it fixed, i'll do a mileage check.

5. Tom

Tom Active Member

I calculated it out one time and it came out to be like 90mpg, but that was not super acurate, as I assumed 2 tanks of gas = one gallon, which i dont think it does.

6. pianoman8t8

pianoman8t8 Guest

hey, thanx for the feedback, guys... i was thinking that if i did want to check my gas milage, i'd have to get a better speedometer that was more accurite.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

A full tank is good for about 75 miles on my bike and that is with almost 100% time at FULL THROTTLE.

8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

is there any other way? :evil:

9. Tom

Tom Active Member

I hope your not FULL THROTTLE when you are slowing down or stopping... :p

10. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

ok, ok, so i have 2 speeds...idle and FOT :evil:

11. signtist777

signtist777 Guest

I get about 90-100 on my 48 cc.
    I get about 80 mpg on my 60 cc.
    I weigh about 250

12. Barret

Barret Guest

I weigh about 225, and I've only been able to put 50 mi. on my bike (yes, I know it's sad, but I'm workin' on it!). That 50 mi. was put all on the first tank, which I gather to be about 1/2 gal. So, I'm guessing I'll get between 90 and 100 mpg.

13. quadanar

quadanar Guest

I've got a fairly stock 48cc, and this last tank I ran up 61 miles before it died out (2 blocks from home, up hill too ... I actually had to pedal somewhere beyond starting my bike today :???: ). This was with the 1/2gal tank topped off and an average speed of 22.1mph.

As soon as I go fill up tomorrow (or tonight I suppose, I don't really have anything else to do, and Circle K is just down the street) I can get an exact figure. But after about 8 months of use and just under 1k miles I'm getting around 120mpg.

Side note, the old Schwinn speedometer works really well for me (manual found here). When you install it just make sure to put it in the center of your handle bars to shield it from the electromagnetic interference of the engine ... for the first few months my speedometer cut out whenever I started the engine and I had no clue why. The computer was on the right side of my bars; repositioning it solved the problem though.