Gas Over Flow Issue 4 Stroke 49cc

Colt

Local time
10:53 AM
When I turn the fuel valve gas comes out of Air Filter and Over Flow Tube and I don't know if related but bike will stall if idling has I have to keep the throttle open to keep it running. I took apart the carb and inspected the float and I did not see any holes in it or any other damage. I was reassembling it to see if just taking it apart and resembling did anything but I over tighten one of the long bolts and snapped the head off of it so I gotta attempt to find another similar bolt. I don't know if what I did fixed it but what are some possibilities that could cause the over flow of gas? Thanks.

When I turn the fuel valve gas comes out of Air Filter and Over Flow Tube.
These engines use a gravity based float bowl system.
Is your carb level to the ground?
If so, then it is just your float bowl setting.

If your engine is not mounted level the carb won't be either.
You can change the intake pipe to get it level, or level the engine, but the carb will only function level.

These engines use a gravity based float bowl system.
Is your carb level to the ground?
If so, then it is just your float bowl setting.

If your engine is not mounted level the carb won't be either.
You can change the intake pipe to get it level, or level the engine, but the carb will only function level.

I'd say it's pretty level. I made sure it was level when I installed engine. How do I adjust the setting?

And do any of you know of anywhere online where I can buy the long flange bolts with the partial thread that hold the carburetor and air filter?Its the one I snapped the head off. I checked around where I live but could not find a similar size one..

Does anyone know of anywhere online where I can buy the long flange bolts with the partial thread that hold the carburetor and air filter? I checked around where I live today and could not find a similar one.

I like these air cleaners for the small 4 stroke engines, they handle the bow-by well.
http://sickbikeparts.com/4-stroke-air-filter/

4TAF__29181.1477519913.1280.1280.jpg

~$22 from SickBikeParts.com, I use them a lot ;-}

As for adjusting your carb float there are many ways, and most are just dinking around with the tab that sets how far the bowl can fill before it shuts off gas flow, blowing in the line that gas comes in will help you see what is causing the gas to keep flowing.

Best I can do with that as I have no pics of specs.

Back