Gas Tank Discussion- especially RackMounted

Part of the 1.5 liter fuel tank hunt is going on in another category:

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=6313

I'm going to see if I can trace the Tanaka version in this thread, which should retro-fit without hassles.....(having to do it peicemeal, my connection will cut off every two or three minutes sometimes, so if the search takes 15 minutes, grrrrrr !)

Main Tanaka Purefire page:
http://www.tanakapowerequipment.com/index.php?section=38

Parts Central section:
http://www.tanakapowerequipment.com/index.php?section=91

And I am now detoured due to the Adobe Reader Quicksand.....send a rescue party if I don't return in 24 hours !!

Update: I abandoned the quest, e-mailed Tanaka, await their reply.

I build motor assisted bikes, using Golden Eagle's system.
Dennis at GEBE said Tanaka had a 1.5 liter fuel tank, to replace the 22 oz. tank, on the Purefire 33.
I was unable to find it in your parts central pages, and was wondering if you could give me the part number/page and price.

Thank you very much,

Last edited:
Well, not exactly what I was expecting (was hoping to unbolt the 22 oz. and replace with the 1.5 liter )...

Hi, There is no other replacement tank that will fit the 33cc engine's San Diego mini motor sports offers a auxiliary tank to add to your engine for more fuel. You can go to their web-site to check it out.

Regards,
Dalton Elmer

Service Manager
Nikko Tanaka Engineering U.S.A., Ltd. (A subsidiary of Hitachi Koki U.S.A. )

Here's the link--->

http://www.sdminimotorsports.com/site/707069/product/Tank 1

comments?

Last edited by a moderator:
:cool:Bama, it looks like the same goped tank, maybe with different mounts for more $$. i guess it comes with the cap, so if you had to buy the cap, it's about the same price as the one i found. if you already have the cap, mine is a better deal.

good, it seems like the quest for a larger tank is over.

Myron

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping again, for new member hmacks who wrote:

Hi!

I am MC (mechanically challanged). It took me 3 hours to put together a GEBE and about 40 hours to do a DAX. My son's DAX goes forever while I run out of fuel on my GEBE. Can anyone give a MC a picture of a gas tank added to a GEBE 32cc tanaka? I saw a few posts with idea's for fuel tanks but need to know the "how to" along with the what.

Thanks!
HM

Butch has done the "real deal", but not on a Tanaka.

Staton has a 96 oz. which cost $25 or so, hooks up to the existing mount holes on a Tanaka 32/33.

5 7 Heaven has a 1.5 liter, (50 oz) but we are waiting on pix and a review. His thread is in Bicycles and Parts, etc....

Meanwhile, project at hand is helping our Robin/Suburu 35cc crowd, where frame mounting seems to be a pre-requisite to making a good auxillery fuel system.

Then the Tanakas could duplicate, once the bugs are out.

So the Tanaka status is "still in research mode", doing the frame-mounting first.....

I carry 2 spare canisters, have a 100-125 mile range at present, shooting for 200 miles with my spares....

any big gebe fuel tanks for tanaka 32?

I'm trying to solve this problem with my tanaka 32. Any idea's? Mys son has a dax bike w/the 1/2 gallon tank it and it goes forever. My puny gebe tank is annoying me now that we built my sons bike.

R/S35 fuel tank resolution and muffler..

Are we getting anywhere on the GEBE R/S35 fuel tank issue? Don't seem to be. The one where someone adds a motorcycle looking tank using a turned around rear rack is OK but I don't know if all of us want to do that type of tank. I would prefer something that doesn't make the bike look like a motorcycle and sit right between my legs. Anyone else have any success? What about a muffler on this machine? How about we start a thread dealing specifically with the GEBE R/S35 gas and muffler problems. What works on the 2strokes will not always work on this specific setup, so if there are other owners of this machine out there with similar, or other problems..ideas, please chime in.

:cool:i had a STATON 96 oz tank atop my friction drive unit. too big, i think, although ya don't have to fill up.
i believe 32oz would be enough for me.soo, i bought a new 1-liter goped tank w/$19billet cap on ebay for $12.51. just need to bolt down and plumb into my 22oz MITSUBISHI engine.
JMO, my 35cc ROBIN engine did not need a muffler,when it was installed on my DAHON bike. one pedestrian stated that my engine was very quiet at idle. also, no complaints from cyclists, joggers or police.

Sort-of about motorcycles, sort-of not.....

Side question (concerning building tanks)....

I have found a few motorcycle bungs for sale here and there. Often a pair of bungs for a Harley dual-tank setup, like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/R-L-...2954918QQihZ014QQcategoryZ35563QQcmdZViewItem

My question is (if you know about motorcycles) one if these looks just like a typical tank bung intended for a vehicle that takes unleaded gas (that is, it's got a small filler hole). The other is wide open.
I've found a few different sets of these, and they're always two different bungs--just like this set.

Why are these different, if they're intended for the same motorcycle? That most-likely runs off unleaded gas nowadays anyway? Is the wide one for leaded gas? (-and does anywhere in the US even still sell leaded gas?.....)
~

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back