Gas tank options

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by shawnshank, Aug 10, 2008.

1. shawnshank

shawnshank Member

I'm looking for suggestions for an alternative gas tank. I don't care for the one that comes with the kits most people are using (small black teardrop). Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Possibly something that can be mounted on a rear rack.
    I saw in the image gallery that someone has what looks like an oil can under their seat and I sent them a Pm but haven't heard back.
    Images would be helpful.

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

3. shawnshank

shawnshank Member

4. k - guess I'll toss mine in for something different.
    I couldn't stand the look of the tear drop tank. To me, it just ruined the entire look of the bike. So with a little creative ingenuity, I came up with this.

lawn mower gas tank
    5.99 walmart beverage container w/ expandable top.
    7.99 for the pepcock valve.

pic's pretty much say it all.

Like I said, something different - but I can store all my tools and take my lunch to work with me without any problems:grin:

some pics were in the build process. last pic is current.

Curious to see what you wind up doing.

Troy Fitz.

Attached Files:

5. s_beaudry

s_beaudry Member

Very slick thinking on your part with hiding the lawnmower tank inside of that bag!

Simple, creative, and if on a long ride, the ability of running two side by side tanks as well!
  6. shawnshank

shawnshank Member

I like this alot and the plastic tube cover makes it look borg-like :lol:
  7. datz510

datz510 Member

8. shawnshank

shawnshank Member

9. usnavyret

usnavyret New Member

10. SlugMan

SlugMan Member

Pirate Cycles sells the barrel type. If they are in stock. Expensive, $250 dollars. I forget who it is, but somebody on this site offered to make me one for around $150 dollars and it was constucted better. I'll see if I can find his e-mails in the trash.
  11. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Staton sells 3 nice auxillary tanks, you have to enter fuel tank in search to find them.
  12. usnavyret

usnavyret New Member

thank you:helmet:
  13. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

I know that you mentioned a rear mount tank, but for just tank suggestions in general, I have one that is frame mount designed for Whizzers-- so it's bigger and it fits the frame better IMHO. eBay, $80 shipped. Check my profile pictures. If you are interested, they are on eBay listed as "Fat Gas Tank Will fit Whizzer"